• Show
Clear All

• ^ Fuck yes.

Comment

• This is an excellent beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        This is an excellent beer.
        Yes it is, as are most commercially available sours. They are difficult and unpredictable to make and conversely fairly expensive. If you like it I'd recommend trying Monk's Cafe and Duchesse De Bourgogne. Or if you can find it and have the wallet Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge is a world class beer and it's around pretty regularly. Sam Adams has a Stony Brook Red that's similar and New Belgium has a few versions as well.

Locally Jester King uses wild yeast in most of their beers. They are more expensive than most of the Belgian ones though. Funk Metal Stout is one of the best beers I've ever had but at $20+ a bomber it better be.

Comment

• Didn't have much of a selection at the beer store by my hotel, but i picked up a 6er of Schofferhofer grapefruit hefeweizen last night and i'm diggin it. not something to drink habitually, and would probably be better on a hot summer day but it's good.

Comment

• i've come to the conclusion that i, for the most part, dislike any beer with fruit ingredients.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              i've come to the conclusion that i, for the most part, dislike any beer with fruit ingredients.
              Fruit has no place in beer unless it's in a lambic/sour.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                i've come to the conclusion that i, for the most part, dislike any beer with fruit ingredients.
                I've had some dang fine pumpkin ales. You shouldn't have to add citrus to enjoy a beer though, like Corona or But light lime. Before I figured out I had allergies to wheat beer I loved Revolver's Blood and Honey, which is full of blood oranges.

I used to believe firmly that beer should only be made with hops, malts and yeast but after having a few milk, vanilla and oyster stouts I've changed my view. The new trend seems to be aging stouts in Cabernet barrels and I must say I'm a fan of that as well.

Comment

• I tried the Abita Grapefruit IPA last night, it wasn't bad.

Comment

• Boulevard Rye on Rye tonight. Been sitting on this since May of last year and it was bottled January 2013. This one is so complex it's hard to pick apart. It's the closest thing I've tasted to rye whiskey that wasn't. I can close my eyes and inhale and you would swear it's a glass of whiskey. The taste is really something else. Rye, alcohol, oak, deep earthy fruit. I probably should have split this bottle with someone. It's a lot to take on in one session.

Comment

• ^That sounds like a righteous evening in the works

Comment

• I keep forgetting about this thread. I'd been saving a bottle of Dogfish Head 120 minute for a couple of years and cracked it open on our 1 year anniversary (also Groundhog day/Super Bowl this year). It's phenomenal and I can't recommend it enough if you can find it. We also had some Rochefort 10 which to me isn't impressive, a good beer by all means but I don't get all the hype.

I also found a few bottles of Bitches Brew! I'm not sure what Gesho Root is but it's nice in beer. The Flying Saucer gets $50 for a bottle of this stuff, it's $12 for a bomber if you can find it. Spec's in Temple still had two bottles last week.

Comment

• Be on the look out for this in March. Details are limited, but Martin House collaborated with the Toadies and made a beer called Rubberneck Red. I'm sure this has a little bit to do with the 20th anniversary and re-release of Rubberneck and the upcoming tour. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Rubberneck Red by Martin House Brewing Company is a Red Ale - American Amber / Red which has a rating of 3.5 out of 5, with 2,494 ratings and reviews on Untappd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                            Be on the look out for this in March. Details are limited, but Martin House collaborated with the Toadies and made a beer called Rubberneck Red. I'm sure this has a little bit to do with the 20th anniversary and re-release of Rubberneck and the upcoming tour. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

http://martinhousebrewing.com/the-beer/rubberneck-red/
                            yeah, my roommate knows one of the co-owners and we were talking about that the last time we were up there. They said they're also gonna have an in-house concert.
                            HD Parts
                            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                              yeah, my roommate knows one of the co-owners and we were talking about that the last time we were up there. They said they're also gonna have an in-house concert.
                              I'll be down for the concert. That place will be insanely packed. It's barely big enough for the tours.

Comment

• not craft brew, but has anyone tried this new Miller Fortune yet?
                                HD Parts
                                paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                                X