"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    Go for Stone's Ruination first then imagine double the ABV and you'll get an idea. West Coast IPAs are usually over the top with hops but still drinkable.

If you want ridiculousness though Brew Dog's Hardcore IPA is the most bitter beer I've had. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. In fact forget about Dogfish Head entirely, look for any of the Brew Dog's special releases.
    bitter is good. i think i have had a few of brew dog's offerings.

drinking a samuel smith oatmeal stout presently. tasty

Comment

Anyone try Lakewood's Punkel yet? still waiting to see it at the Specs down the road in DWG.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Every time I see this thread I laugh;

Kraft beer: perfect with Mac n cheese with cut up hot dogs in it.

Comment

Drinking a Punkel right now.

Pretty damn delicious

Comment

total wine had some community brews. said they just started bottling a couple weeks ago.

picked up a temptress from lakewood, franconia dunkel, revolver blood and honey, post road pumpkin ale, bridgeport witch hunt, and an abita jockamo ipa (one of my favorites)

and a sixer of oscar blues mamas yella pils for football tomorrow.

Comment

drinking on a seasonal from real ale at the moment. coffee porter. pretty legit

Comment

anchor christmas ale. fucking yum

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  drinking on a seasonal from real ale at the moment. coffee porter. pretty legit
                  I was in Portland a couple weeks ago and had a couple beers at Breakside Brewery. Their coffee beer was by far the best I've ever had, it was called 1911 Vienna Coffee Bier. If you ever see it, give it a shot.

Comment

Rahr had an Avoca Coffee Porter this weekend for the anniversary party. It's probably not ever going to market but it was nice. Now the black saison aged in cabernet barrels? Yeah, they need to market that stuff immediately.

They also unveiled the new canning line! Blonde and a new pale ale will be available in cans early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      I'm hooked on American Revolver - Blood and Honey
                      I am too, this stuff is pretty good. After a 6 pack I'm pretty well drunk too.

One night I did TRY to drink this like it was a light beer. I was thirsty. I do not recommend it, same night beer squirts suck.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        One night I did TRY to drink this like it was a light beer. I was thirsty. I do not recommend it, same night beer squirts suck.
                        The wheat content jacks me up. My eyes turn red and I get heartburn. Yay for wheat allergies! It is a delicious beer though. It doesn't affect me as bad as Blue Moon or even Rahr's summertime wheat though for some reason.

They just released Mullet Cutter for their 1 year anniversary, a double IPA. They also just expanded into the Austin market.

Comment

I personally stick with the Belgian stuff. If it's made by monks, it's usually pretty damn good. Here are the Monasteries that still make beer:

Chimay
                          Orval
                          Westmalle
                          Koenigshoeven
                          Westveleteren (you wont find this one in the US)
                          Rochefort
                          Achel

Get a proper glass, and enjoy. This stuff is a bit more expensive then regular beer, but it also has a much more significant alcohol content. Experiment a little within those brands. Ive never had anything by them I didnt love.

Comment

Originally posted by eastsidetorino View Post
                            Westveleteren (you wont find this one in the US)
                            You can barely get it in Belgium. You can buy a case every 60 days and you have to reserve it in advance. Get some St. Bernardus, they use ingredients grown in the exact same fields, using the same recipes but they aren't actually brewing in a monastery so they can't call it "Trappist". Until 1992 they were exactly the same beers. St. Bernardus brewed it for commercial use, Westveleteren brewed for the monastery.

Now if you want a cheaper and more readily available version of their popular beers Victory's Golden Monkey is great and comes in at 12% abv. It's bottle finished and everything and Central Market or Spec's probably have it in stock. Or everyone has Chimay these days.

Comment

We should make this the official beer thread.

New Belgium is going to make a limited run of an organic beer for Patagonia.

2013 marks 40 years in business for our Ventura, California-based outdoor clothing company. To celebrate, the good folks at New Belgium Brewing crafted a special lager beer made in the "California Common" tradition - tawny in color, medium bodied, with a malty character and earthy hops. Staying true to Patagonia's longstanding commitment to organic cotton, the beer is brewed with certified organic ingredients.

The name of our beer pays homage to the California Route on Patagonia's Mount Fitz Roy. First climbed in 1968 by Yvon Chouinard, Doug Tompkins, Dick Dorworth, Lito Tejada-Flores and Chris Jones, the California Route is considered a Patagonia classic, with good rock and fun free climbing in a wildly beautiful setting.
                              Patagonia is a designer of outdoor clothing and gear for the silent sports: climbing, surfing, skiing and snowboarding, fly fishing, and trail running

Comment

I came in to type something.. and lost my train of thought when i saw eastsidetorino's sig. damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X