• Show
Clear All

• Philly?

Comment

• Somewhere better than where I am.

Comment

• Pittsburgh - Station Square
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• I found an entire case of Wootstout last night. As I've noted before my Spec's in Temple is great. $8.99 a bottle for a barrel aged 13% abv stout is a smoking deal. That and this location does the discount for cash/debit and military. I picked up 3 bottles but may go back for more.

It was bottled July 3rd so it's very fresh. For a stout it's pretty good but it needs some aging to take that booze edge off. Honestly my allergies are acting up right now so I can't give it an accurate review but the previous two years were excellent, I'm sure this one will be just as good.

Comment

• You try ola dubh? Not quite the same, but its a cask aged beer with great taste

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              You try ola dubh? Not quite the same, but its a cask aged beer with great taste
              O'Briens Pub has had a keg of the Special 12 for a couple of months now I just haven't made it there lately.

Pretty decent selection for Temple! BJ's just built one of their breweries right down the street as well. Not a brew pub, an actual brewery.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                O'Briens Pub has had a keg of the Special 12 for a couple of months now I just haven't made it there lately.

Pretty decent selection for Temple! BJ's just built one of their breweries right down the street as well. Not a brew pub, an actual brewery.
                Specs should carry it as well. I had always wondered how BJs brewery system worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Specs should carry it as well. I had always wondered how BJs brewery system worked.
                  They contract it out to local breweries. I know St. Arnold was doing a lot if not all of their Texas stuff. They also have breweries in Boulder, CO and Covina, CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Pittsburgh - Station Square
                    Damn right.

Comment

• Cantillon just announced who gets to host Zwanze Day this year and Jester King is on the list again. So some time in August the brewery will announce their lineup and have an online raffle for admission tickets.

I've personally never tried a Cantillon product but then again I haven't had a Westy either. Everything they produce is considered as a whale so it'll be a great day. Last year they had 4 different offerings and gave out 450 tickets.

Also this weekend is Banger's 3rd anniversary party. Their beer list Saturday is better than any local festival I can remember.

It's happening again ... [img] [img] Also, there is some cool shit in the works still. Really cool shit.

I plan on being there when they open.

Comment

I found an entire case of Wootstout last night. As I've noted before my Spec's in Temple is great. $8.99 a bottle for a barrel aged 13% abv stout is a smoking deal. That and this location does the discount for cash/debit and military. I picked up 3 bottles but may go back for more.

It was bottled July 3rd so it's very fresh. For a stout it's pretty good but it needs some aging to take that booze edge off. Honestly my allergies are acting up right now so I can't give it an accurate review but the previous two years were excellent, I'm sure this one will be just as good.
                        I wound up with 5 bottles and cracked one last night. It's damn boozy right now, but I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of a slightly less chocolatey Big Bad Baptist. Going to be real interesting to see how this changes after 6 months, then a year. Hard to beat at 13% for < $9. The Northern Brewer clone came in at 11% and it's quite close to the original. After tasting the sample I pulled, this will probably be the best beer I've made to date. Waiting 6 more months is going to be tough.

Comment

Cantillon just announced who gets to host Zwanze Day this year and Jester King is on the list again. So some time in August the brewery will announce their lineup and have an online raffle for admission tickets.

I've personally never tried a Cantillon product but then again I haven't had a Westy either. Everything they produce is considered as a whale so it'll be a great day. Last year they had 4 different offerings and gave out 450 tickets.

Also this weekend is Banger's 3rd anniversary party. Their beer list Saturday is better than any local festival I can remember.

It's happening again ... [img] [img] Also, there is some cool shit in the works still. Really cool shit.

I plan on being there when they open.
                          We may have to hit up the bangers event. Ill let you know if we do. Im not a big fan of their sausage...but im a huge fan of cold beer.

Comment

• I would just like to make it known that this thread is a bad influence. I was catching up on the past few pages... and now it's 12:55pm and there's a Lagunitas IPA open on my desk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I would just like to make it known that this thread is a bad influence. I was catching up on the past few pages... and now it's 12:55pm and there's a Lagunitas IPA open on my desk.
                              FYI-If you're going to be near Hall's in the next few days, they're running a special on 32oz. bombers of Lagunitas Sucks for $4.99 ea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                                FYI-If you're going to be near Hall's in the next few days, they're running a special on 32oz. bombers of Lagunitas Sucks for $4.99 ea.
                                I won't be near anything but airports for the next few days/weeks...
                                But we accepted an offer on our house down here in Houston a couple days ago, so if all goes well we'll be back up there in 5-6 weeks.

I don't know how some of you guys work from home. Not having an office is dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X