"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I won't be near anything but airports for the next few days/weeks...
    But we accepted an offer on our house down here in Houston a couple days ago, so if all goes well we'll be back up there in 5-6 weeks.
    Cool. Wasn't sure when you'd be back. Congrats on all that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      FYI-If you're going to be near Hall's in the next few days, they're running a special on 32oz. bombers of Lagunitas Sucks for $4.99 ea.
      Damn! I love that beer. Not so much for the beer itself but it's the perfect size for when I only feel like having one. That and it's an IPA so I don't have to share it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        We may have to hit up the bangers event. Ill let you know if we do. Im not a big fan of their sausage...but im a huge fan of cold beer.
        They are roasting 4 pigs for the event but I don't think they serve those until 8pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
          That and it's an IPA so I don't have to share it.
          I miss the sharing part. My wife likes just about every beer that I do, but she's 8 months pregnant, so it's taken a little bit of the fun out it. I've got a cabinet full of whales and limited release stuff I've been anxiously holding until she's back in the game. I'm telling you, the struggle is real.

Comment

I won't be near anything but airports for the next few days/weeks...
            But we accepted an offer on our house down here in Houston a couple days ago, so if all goes well we'll be back up there in 5-6 weeks.

I don't know how some of you guys work from home. Not having an office is dangerous.

Haha my wife works from home and will start the weekend early here and there as well.

I may be "working" from home before long if shit doesnt turn around haha

Originally posted by BP View Post
            They are roasting 4 pigs for the event but I don't think they serve those until 8pm.
            Damn that sounds good...but that place gets stupid packed with those events...not sure ill hang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Haha my wife works from home and will start the weekend early here and there as well.
              LOL, yeaaaaaah, that's it... "starting the weekend early."

It's Tuesday afternoon (it is Tuesday, right?) and I've moved on to Firestone Union Jack IPA

Comment

LOL, yeaaaaaah, that's it... "starting the weekend early."

It's Tuesday afternoon (it is Tuesday, right?) and I've moved on to Firestone Union Jack IPA
                I feel you on not knowing the day of the week. I told the attendent at the gym that its been a tough week (more layoffs here) then i realized its just tuesday.

These next few months are going to really suck.

Edit...and at least i cant be jealous of your drink choice...i cant do the IPAs.

Comment

• Made it to Zilker Brewing last weekend. It's right on 6th street in Austin about a mile east of Downtown. In other words right in the middle of party central. It's a small brewery with limited distribution and a decent tap room on site.

They have an ESB, a coffee stout and a double IPA that were all pretty good. Nothing super great but all good beers. They also do 6 ounce pours which is something I wish all tap rooms would do.

Their location is great with good beer and fairly cheap prices. Personally I don't care about partying on 6th St but it'd be a good place to warm up at if you do. Or you could start here then drive to Hops and Grains.

Comment

• Another easy drinker, good smooth taste, not hoppy, but still a full enough beer to not be a major.

Comment

• I finally tried "not your father's rootbeer" today. that shit could be very dangerous, it's delicious.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                        I finally tried "not your father's rootbeer" today. that shit could be very dangerous, it's delicious.
                        I have some hard rootbeer in the fridge and its the only non liquor alcohol thing to survive 3 weeks at my place. It was too sweet for me. I love sweets, but its weird...when it comes to alcohol, i dont want anything sweet (except maybe sangria on occasion).

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          I finally tried "not your father's rootbeer" today. that shit could be very dangerous, it's delicious.
                          Just had some tonight. Holy shit, it tastes just like the soda.

Comment

• If you are going on a root beer kick I'd recommend avoiding the Sprecher's brand. The Mission version is pretty good but the NYFRB is by far the most popular.

I bought a keg of Blue Moon once for a party and ended up finishing it off with Root Beer floats. A standard pint of Blue Moon with a shot of root beer schnapps. Not great but not horrible, it's about the only good use for a Sabmiller product.

Comment

• Just tried "not your father's root beer" pretty damn impressive. I usually don't like stuff like that but it's amazing and 5.9 % alcohol and taste like zero%

Comment

• i had a "bockslider" at the fuzzy's in deep ellum saturday at the carshow. it was pretty darn good.

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X