"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ftp View Post
    Just tried "not your father's root beer" pretty damn impressive. I usually don't like stuff like that but it's amazing and 5.9 % alcohol and taste like zero%
    I have some in my fridge right now. It is really good, but I can only drink one per session. Too much sweetness for a session drink.

CN

Comment

• Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
      I have some in my fridge right now. It is really good, but I can only drink one per session. Too much sweetness for a session drink.

CN
      My wife bought a 6 pack of these too. I'd agree with this sentiment; good but a little too sweet.

As for good beer recommendations go to a place like Craft and Growler and figure out what hits your taste buds right. There are so many good beers. I'm partial to wheat beers and reds, but that's just me. Some guys love IPAs, bocks or plain old lagers. The great news is that there are now tons of great beers made in the USA by small brew companies. If it's made by the big brewery that advertise on football games, they pretty much suck.

Comment

• Tell me this is not a real thing...

Comment

• Is that a "jump the shark" beer.

For on exceptional wheat beer try KCCO White Wheat, by Resignation Brewery.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            Is that a "jump the shark" beer.

For on exceptional wheat beer try KCCO White Wheat, by Resignation Brewery.
            Avery's White Rascal is also very good and usually pretty cheap.

Comment

• Drinking a Red Trolley ale atm, not too special but certainly drinkable. Brewed out here in San Diego which is probably why I've never heard of it before

Comment

• I ended up at a "sports bar" in Belton yesterday and all they had that wasn't Miller/Bud was Guns and Oil's Maverick Lager. It tastes just like Modelo El Negro, regular Bud or Coors original only it's more expensive.

I opened my bottle of Boxer's Revenge from Jester King last week and it's one of my favorite beers. Batch#7 this time and it's well over 10% abv in the bottle. They classify it as a Wild Ale and it's probably the best I've ever had of the style. It's the one with the horse on the label.

Also had Texian's The Liberty. They call it a sour IPA, I don't get the IPA part but it was good. I'd order it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  Drinking a Red Trolley ale atm, not too special but certainly drinkable. Brewed out here in San Diego which is probably why I've never heard of it before
                  Do you live out there(San Diego?) Headed there in November for business and wanted some inside info on brewpubs to visit. I have Ballast Point and Green Flash on my list already.

Comment

• No sir, just flying back and forth for work the last couple of weeks.

Comment

• Opened my bottle of Your Father Smelt of Elderberries last night. It hides the 10.3% abv very well and goes down more like a wine cooler than a beer.

Comment

• Sweet.

Oskar Blues To Open New Brewery & Taproom In Austin TX In 2016

Longmont, CO & Brevard, NC -- Funky little Oskar Blues Grill & Brew started just under 18 years ago when Dale Katechis and his high school sweet-heart stumbled across the small town of Lyons, Colorado while on a road trip north from their home in Alabama. In 2012, that Rocky Mountain trip continued east as Oskar Blues Brewery expanded to a second home in the rolling hills of Pisgah National Forest of Brevard, North Carolina. Now, Dale and Oskar Blues are heading south to Austin, Texas, the Live Music Capital of the World, as another place to call home.

Oskar Blues, named "The hottest place to be on a Saturday night in Colorado" by Rolling Stone because of its roots in the Colorado music scene, will open a brewery and taproom in Austin, TX by April 20, 2016. The brewery will continue its tradition of soul-savin' live music with a music venue as part of the taproom.

"North Carolina and Colorado are filled with amazing communities and experiences mingled with live music and Fuh-CAN great craft beer scenes. The passion and rebellious nature of Austin locals, along with the food, craft beer and live music scenes create a vibe that already feels like home," says soul-founder Dale Katechis.

The brewery secured a 50,000 square foot brewery space including a 5,000 square foot taproom/music venue location at 10420 Metric Boulevard. Oskar Blues will brew the full line up of cans and draft with an initial capacity of 30,000 BBLs per year with potential build out capacity exceeding 100,000 BBLs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Avery's White Rascal is also very good and usually pretty cheap.
                          Avery beers are very good for the most part. Last February I went to their new brewery. Got to take a tour while I was there. Very impressive establishment.

CN

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            Do you live out there(San Diego?) Headed there in November for business and wanted some inside info on brewpubs to visit. I have Ballast Point and Green Flash on my list already.
                            I would check out Alesmith since we don't get their stuff here. Feel free to mule a Speedway Stout back for me. You should be able to find Pliny just sitting on the shelves out there as well as Firestone Walker Anniversary beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Sweet.
                              So on 4/20 they are opening a brewery at 10420 Metric Blvd? That's a couple of blocks from Adelbert's and within a mile of Austin Beer Works. They are going to be by far the biggest craft brewery in Austin. Heck I think that puts them at #3 in the state behind St. Arnolds and Rahr.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                                So on 4/20 they are opening a brewery at 10420 Metric Blvd? That's a couple of blocks from Adelbert's and within a mile of Austin Beer Works. They are going to be by far the biggest craft brewery in Austin. Heck I think that puts them at #3 in the state behind St. Arnolds and Rahr.
                                Ahem...shiner...

Comment

Working...
                                X