• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
    Happy Halloween peeps
    Let us know which one doesnt suck.

Comment

• I completely slummed it this weekend. Featured Lone Star, Tecate and Mexicali. To think I used to drink that Mexicali crap exclusively.

Comment

Happy Halloween peeps
        Love the dogsfish head.
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Cracked open my bottle of Crasher in the Rye last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Still have a couple of Fistful of Unidragons in the fridge as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
            Love the dogsfish head.
            Yea that was my fav of the batch, then the Punkel from Lakewood, followed by Pumpkinhead from Shipyard.

The others pumpkin inspired beers were meh although both Oktoberfest selections from Founders and Saint Arnold's were good.

Comment

• At the Bird Cafe last night for a pairing of great beers with even better food. Tweak, Beast, Rumpkin and Pumpkin were the encore. Little foggy this morning...

Comment

At the Bird Cafe last night for a pairing of great beers with even better food. Tweak, Beast, Rumpkin and Pumpkin were the encore. Little foggy this morning...
                That's a hell of a line up right there. Were they all '15 releases?

Comment

• I just got back from NY after visiting the inlaws for Christmas. Spent 11 days total, two in NYC.

Ommegang was spectacular as always. They weren't busy when we went so the half hour tasting (only $5 and you keep the glass) stretched out to nearly an hour. They haven't really changed much since I was there last but started sourcing bottles in the US and have planted their own hop fields. They have 6 Ommegang beers for the tasting but also cracked open some bottles of Duvel beers. Heck I don't remember them all but it was a great visit and I could have gotten completely hammered for $5 if I wanted.

We also visited Brooklyn Brewing while in the city. They've basically taken over an entire block for production/storage and have a small warehouse they've converted into a tap room. The tap room is actually pretty small and they use tokens. The lesser beers take one and the big ones take two or for 3 you can get a larger glass with whatever beer you want. I concentrated on their chocolate stout and some cask aged sour they don't sell. Great beers but Black Ops wasn't available.

We went to tons of places and drank a lot. $8 seems to be the going rate for a pint of draft beer though so it was an expensive trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                    That's a hell of a line up right there. Were they all '15 releases?
                    I honestly don't recall and missed this post due to a fall off a roof a day later (Friday the 13th). Slow recovery and memory is getting better.

Comment

I honestly don't recall and missed this post due to a fall off a roof a day later (Friday the 13th). Slow recovery and memory is getting better.
                      Wtf?! That sucks. What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        Wtf?! That sucks. What happened?
                        Down in Tyler at my Dad's house cleaning the gutters with leaf blower. Finished up and went to step off roof onto extension ladder and bottom slid out and I fell backwards landing on my head onto brick patio. Head injury and 4 broken vertebrae. I'm lucky could have been a lot worse!

Comment

Down in Tyler at my Dad's house cleaning the gutters with leaf blower. Finished up and went to step off roof onto extension ladder and bottom slid out and I fell backwards landing on my head onto brick patio. Head injury and 4 broken vertebrae. I'm lucky could have been a lot worse!
                          Ouch. Could have been MUCH worse. Glad you're getting better.

Comment

• Wow first post of 2016 in this thread.

So heads up DFH 120 is on the shelves in Houston stores. It isn't in Centex yet but I'd imagine some of the better stores in DFW will have it next week.

The only thing fancy I've had lately is Adelbert's Barrel of Love and barrel aged Legion. Barrel of Love is a whiskey barrel aged Belgian style quad and it's great. You should all know what Legion is, also great.

Also if anyone is heading to Austin this weekend Jester King just released RU55, the first time in almost two years. It's not my favorite but some people love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                              Wow first post of 2016 in this thread.

So heads up DFH 120 is on the shelves in Houston stores. It isn't in Centex yet but I'd imagine some of the better stores in DFW will have it next week.

The only thing fancy I've had lately is Adelbert's Barrel of Love and barrel aged Legion. Barrel of Love is a whiskey barrel aged Belgian style quad and it's great. You should all know what Legion is, also great.

Also if anyone is heading to Austin this weekend Jester King just released RU55, the first time in almost two years. It's not my favorite but some people love it.
                              Thanks for the heads up. No 120 yet but did find Avery Tweak, Legion, Barrel of Love and Delirium Argenturn (for the wifey) at Total Wine
                              Last edited by 95DRGT; 02-26-2016, 05:50 PM. Reason: more good beer

Comment

Fuck, dOOd! Glad you're doing better.

Sucks about the 13th, but I don't believe in the 13th and have never had anything significant happen to me on that date. And trust me, of all the dumb shit that has happened to me, nothing has ever happened on that date...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X