No announcement yet.

"Craft" beer recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it has made its way to DFW yet, but if you see Big Bends IPA it is worth try.

Comment

Good choice on the Rahr!

For all you beer people that might have missed the message Central Market is having their Brewtopia this week. It's only once a year and worth a visit. Basically they stock up on everything they can get their hands on and do a percentage discount on how much you spend. I believe if you spend $25 you get 25% off. I usually load up on Chimay and Jester King bombers this time of year.

Comment

the thing i dont like about central market, is you have to buy at least a 6 or 4 pack of whatever you want.

they dont have singles, at least i havent seen any at the one off mockingbird.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Texas Red and the Ugly Pug are my favs from there.
          I dig on the storm cloud, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            the thing i dont like about central market, is you have to buy at least a 6 or 4 pack of whatever you want.

they dont have singles, at least i havent seen any at the one off mockingbird.
            At mine you can buy singles of any bottle you want, I thought all of them were that way. Heck I usually go there and buy 3-4 random ones and a bottle of wine and drink them on their patio while listening to the band.

I have a virtually unlimited supply of the regular Rahr rotation and pretty much stick with Storm Cloud, unless we happen to have Iron Thistle on tap. The Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer is by far the most popular special beer but it's so limited in supply that it'll sell out in a week once it's released. If you see it try it.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              At mine you can buy singles of any bottle you want, I thought all of them were that way. Heck I usually go there and buy 3-4 random ones and a bottle of wine and drink them on their patio while listening to the band.

I have a virtually unlimited supply of the regular Rahr rotation and pretty much stick with Storm Cloud, unless we happen to have Iron Thistle on tap. The Bourbon Barrel Aged Winter Warmer is by far the most popular special beer but it's so limited in supply that it'll sell out in a week once it's released. If you see it try it.
              hmm. maybe that explains the missing bottles in certiain 6 packs. never knew that.

i like the gravel road.

bp- where can i get the 120 min ipa? total wine is out of stock
              Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 09-16-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Whole Foods, Central Market, and World Market (all beer is warm there-no cold storage) all have the 'pick a 6-pack' deal. Even my local Alberstson's and Kroger have adopted the same concept although the selection is not as good but decent.

Comment

FYI-Central Market is running a two week long beer fest that allows you to talk with brewers and pair beer with food choices

Comment

bp- where can i get the 120 min ipa? total wine is out of stock
                    The Flying Saucers get maybe 1 keg a year, Central Market might get a case a year. It's rare but it is widely available, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      The Flying Saucers get maybe 1 keg a year, Central Market might get a case a year. It's rare but it is widely available, if that makes any sense.
                      Halls Wine and Grocery (Valero Station) in Colleyville has it almost all the time.
                      121 at Glade road

Comment

that sucks. ive read some good and bad reviews on it, but i always need to decide for myself.

i'm chilling on a stone ipa, real ale full moon pale rye ale, a pualaner oktoberfest, and a handful of rahr gravel road for tonight.

Comment

Lonestar in bottle's.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                            Lonestar in bottle's.
                            crafty

really though? bottle's?
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

that sucks. ive read some good and bad reviews on it, but i always need to decide for myself.

i'm chilling on a stone ipa, real ale full moon pale rye ale, a pualaner oktoberfest, and a handful of rahr gravel road for tonight.
                              Go for Stone's Ruination first then imagine double the ABV and you'll get an idea. West Coast IPAs are usually over the top with hops but still drinkable.

If you want ridiculousness though Brew Dog's Hardcore IPA is the most bitter beer I've had. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. In fact forget about Dogfish Head entirely, look for any of the Brew Dog's special releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                crafty

really though? bottle's?
                                Damned Androids/iPhones/etc. that only affect a handful of users while being used by the majority of posters here.
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X