This makes me furious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me furious

I have two Danes, a 2 year old and an 8 week old puppy. They are doing something VERY wrong for this to have happened.

Surgery Reveals Oregon Great Dane Ate 43 Socks
    The 3-year-old Great Dane was miserable and retching when its owners rushed him to a northwest Portland emergency animal hospital. Turns out, it was something he ate.

X-rays showed a stomach full of "a large quantity of foreign material." Nearly two hours of surgery later, Dr. Ashley Magee had the answer — the dog had consumed 43 ½ socks. DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital spokeswoman Shawna Harch said it's perhaps the strangest case in the hospital's history, The Oregonian reported.

So strange that the hospital entered last February's tale, complete with X-rays, in an annual contest sponsored by the vet magazine, Veterinary Practice News, and won a prize. Fittingly enough, the contest is called "They Ate WHAT?"

Even stranger. The $1,500 first place winner was a Plano, Texas, animal hospital that treated an exotic frog that ate more than 30 small ornamental rocks from its cage.

The DoveLewis entry summary says the Great Dane was discharged a day after surgery. Harch says the owners aren't available for comment but she confirms the dog is alive. No word on what he's eaten lately.

Socks removed from a dog's stomach are displayed in Portland, Ore.

An X-ray reveals socks in the stomach of a dog in Portland, Ore. A three-year-old Great Dane was miserable, retching and vomiting, when his owners rushed him to DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital. X-rays showed a stomach full of what was described as "a large quantity of foreign material." Nearly two hours of surgery later, Dr. Ashley Magee said the dog had consumed 43-and-a-half socks.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

furious?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Wow, poor baby. That makes me furrrrious, too!
      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

How the fuck do you not realize that you have 43 socks missing from the laundry?
        Carelessness from the owners!
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Dogs eat shit they shouldn't. It happens. Calm down Francis.

The owners didn't force feed socks to their dog. It probably got into a room/open drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            How the fuck do you not realize that you have 43 socks missing from the laundry?

All these years people just thought it was their dryer eating 1 sock at a time..

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
              I'd be willing to bet the dog did it all in a short period of time.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

My friend's dog ate four boxes of thin mints, and lived. The funny part is there were a few more boxes that it drug out that weren't touched. I guess it learned its lesson pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  I'd be willing to bet the dog did it all in a short period of time.
                  That. My dogs stay in the laundry room at night and during the day when we arent home, I could see one going nuts on some socks.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sometimes dogs (really, any pets) eat weird shit.. No reason to assume the owners are doing something wrong.

Comment

Jr was flabbergasted when Houston our Rott shit out one of his hot wheels.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        Jr was flabbergasted when Houston our Rott shit out one of his hot wheels.

god bless.
                        Please tell me it was a Chevy... That would be tits!
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

and he ate a ford!
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have heard many time of dogs eating women's underwear or tearing up the crotch on all their clothes for some reason. Even girl dogs doing it. Weird.

Comment

what were those crappy little 2 door fords from the 90's? they looked like roller skates?

god bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X