No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet it's fun to trip that much pipe.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
      I bet it's fun to trip that much pipe.
      Man, fuck that. That's DAYS of tripping pipe. Ain't gonna be no 12 hour turnaround on that bit.

Comment

• Ignore the foreground sign that says Nabors. They were going to open a yard there next door to H&P but that's an empty field right now. Here's what H&P's Odessa yard looks like today.

37 rigs.

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-13-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Man, fuck that. That's DAYS of tripping pipe. Ain't gonna be no 12 hour turnaround on that bit.
          Bet they hated hearing those words... Going to be tripping out this hitch lol

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
            Bet they hated hearing those words... Going to be tripping out this hitch lol
            Truth be told, tripping pipe is the easiest part of the job. Physically demanding, but it makes the time go by quicker and you aren't having to find shit to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Truth be told, tripping pipe is the easiest part of the job. Physically demanding, but it makes the time go by quicker and you aren't having to find shit to do.
              The hardest part is trying to take a lunch or a nap while on the job site.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Learned that Enable Midstream let go of 10% (200) of their people yesterday.

But in more positive news, a new world record was set by Parker Drilling on Sakhalin Island about 3 hours ago.

8,616 ft true vertical depth.
                44,291 ft total depth (measured along borehole path)

That's a shitload of horizontal.

If you're not familiar with Sakhalin Island it's north of Japan on the east side of Siberia. Rigs there are jackups or land based rigs that drill out under the sea.

This record was with a land rig called Yastreb (The Hawk) which has set previous records here as well. In 2013 that rig owned 16 of the top ERD (extended reach drilling) records in the world.

Four 7,500-psi mud pumps, 1.5 million lb hook load capacity, 3000 hp drawworks, 14,000 barrels of liquidmud storage and six generators. Drill torque is 91,000 ft-lbs.

I want to know what BHAs they were running, what kind of MWD and how many bit and motor trips they had to make!?
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  On my hitch in the Canary Islands we were overhauling the mooring winches on each corner of the rig. Each winch has a control cabin with tinted windows and a big easy chair. The last 2 weeks we didnt do a damn thing except watch movies and nap. I was working nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                    On my hitch in the Canary Islands we were overhauling the mooring winches on each corner of the rig. Each winch has a control cabin with tinted windows and a big easy chair. The last 2 weeks we didnt do a damn thing except watch movies and nap. I was working nights.
                    Sign me up, bro!

Comment

• Well we were humping it for the first couple weeks for sure. But even then we had some shipyard mechanics at our disposal to wrestle stuff into place and tighten hardware and climb around on stuff. Transocean spent big bucks on getting this rig ready to head out to Angola. It was warm stacked in the gulf for years and when Exxon said lets go get this oil, they damn near replaced everything on it before heading out for sea trials. Being on the service side offshore seems to be a safe place to be.

Comment

• Mostly the marine crew were a bunch of pompous asses but the 2nd Mate was pretty cool and I hung out up on the bridge bullshitting quite a bit of the time. After all no one was my boss on the rig. I just got my work done for the night and finished out my tower by remaining on standby. [emoji3]

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          That ain't no shit. Depending on where your guys were at and how tall the rig was and if your rig had them, you could sneak away to the far side of the mud pits and get 15-20 before people started to wonder where the hell you were.

Comment

• Roustabout lockers FTW! Electricians workshop too!

Comment

• Rig count -67 this week.

US total rig count at 1125.

Oil Market Stability Is A "Facade"- Rebalancing Hasn't Run Its Course, IEA Says

The IEA sounded a sober note in its Monthly Oil Market Report released Friday morning. The agency said the appearance of stability in the oil market is a "facade" and that the "rebalancing" of the market occasioned by the oil price plunge has "yet to run its course," as WTI and Brent prices have fallen by more than 50% since last June.

Given that the global oil glut is worsening and US production is not slowing, the oil price might have stabilized only temporarily- the agency said. “On the face of it, the oil price appears to be stabilizing. What a precarious balance it is, however...Behind the facade of stability, the rebalancing triggered by the price collapse has yet to run its course, and it might be overly optimistic to expect it to proceed smoothly,” the report said.

And just kidding on that number above. H&P Odessa yard has 42 rigs stacked.

And more in the their Seguin yard (Eagle Ford)

Comment

• Oil got pounded over the weekend, now under $45. I'll be surprised if we don't see a $39 handle on it this week. I think there will be some people freaking out when that happens too.
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X