X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Finish him!

Flawless victory!!!!

Yall have a great way of making me forget about the possibility of financial collapse.
    Lmao, you'll be fine. I've been laid off twice, and came out of b school trying to find an asset mgmt job in 2010, lolz!
    You'll be fine.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      Lmao, you'll be fine. I've been laid off twice, and came out of b school trying to find an asset mgmt job in 2010, lolz!
      You'll be fine.
      Dude, you aren't the average bear.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Right. It always seems that something good comes my way in the face of trying times. Weirdest timing too.

Comment

• Another 10 million barrels added to inventory this week and another production record. This shitliner is steaming into port at full speed.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Dude, you aren't the average bear.
            Salaries in our biz are at fuckin nosebleed levels so you'll have to forgive him.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Another 10 million barrels added to inventory this week and another production record. This shitliner is steaming into port at full speed.
              I've been selling off trucks to fluff up the war chest
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Well they got me. 13 years at Halliburton. I took a chance two years ago to get into a new department. Department turned out to be a cancer and just wasn't to my liking so I started looking elsewhere in the company right before the prices tanked. Internal interviews = boss knows you're interviewing. Thought I had a new position locked up and then the company wide hiring freeze came down before the Director in the other division could pull the trigger. I knew I had a big target on my back at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                  Well they got me. 13 years at Halliburton. I took a chance two years ago to get into a new department. Department turned out to be a cancer and just wasn't to my liking so I started looking elsewhere in the company right before the prices tanked. Internal interviews = boss knows you're interviewing. Thought I had a new position locked up and then the company wide hiring freeze came down before the Director in the other division could pull the trigger. I knew I had a big target on my back at that point.
                  Man, that sucks. What were doing for Halliburton? You can 5ake it to PMs if you wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    You'll be fine.
                    Yeah it'll work itself out I'm sure. If anything I'd expect it to get closer to an M&A sort of deal since its a smaller company.

But if the worst happens it'll give me a few weeks to work on side projects and try launching a startup officially.

I have a feeling my cash reserves may not be what yours were when you were out of work either lol. I did however save just about all bonuses out of caution for this type of event.

Traxx...sorry to hear. What were you doing?

Comment

• Mechanical Engineer. Most recently a project manager on the design side with completion tools.

Trevor Bishop (no relation to Dan )
                      Project Manager - Halliburton

Comment

• Aw man. I hope they'll at least take care of you on a severance package.

Comment

• Damn son! I was doing PM and mech design for them as well. I was slated to go full time PM this year, but left for a different company. Halli is profoundly bad and inefficient at PM.

I was on the wireline side. Were you in carrollton?

Comment

• Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                            Mechanical Engineer. Most recently a project manager on the design side with completion tools.

Trevor Bishop (no relation to Dan )
                            Project Manager - Halliburton
                            The goods news is that you won't spend near as much of your unemployment on fuel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              The goods news is that you won't spend near as much of your unemployment on fuel.
                              Lol...look at this dick!!!

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Trevor. you'll be fine, smart people can make their own way.

Forrest, you have the right idea on the warchest, stack it up because hard times are coming back in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X