And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Sorry to hear that Trevor. you'll be fine, smart people can make their own way.

Forrest, you have the right idea on the warchest, stack it up because hard times are coming back in my opinion.
    Worse than 08-09?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Worse than 08-09?
      Geeez I hope not, I still haven't recovered. And the drought for the last 4+ years didn't help, at all...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Worse than 08-09?
        They didn't fraclog in 08/09 day did they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          They didn't fraclog in 08/09 day did they?
          I was talking about the economy as a whole, not industry-specific. Like the last big flop was caused by real estate, this one will be oil/gas... possibly deflated commodities across the board.

Comment

I was talking about the economy as a whole, not industry-specific. Like the last big flop was caused by real estate, this one will be oil/gas... possibly deflated commodities across the board.
            Exactly what AL is talking about, another bust but as you stated it will be the O&G that will cause the bust. It can and will hurt everything across the board and housing will suffer as well. Lots of O&G money was making people buy new houses and they will be losing them and I don;t think that the housing market (aside from this area) has fully recovered.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Panic buying in every asset class after the Fed statement. We'll have new market highs in a few days I bet.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Aw man. I hope they'll at least take care of you on a severance package.
                They did. No hate against them, its just business. In fact, I would be happy to go back there once the dust settles.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Damn son! I was doing PM and mech design for them as well. I was slated to go full time PM this year, but left for a different company. Halli is profoundly bad and inefficient at PM.

I was on the wireline side. Were you in carrollton?
                Yes in Carrollton.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                The goods news is that you won't spend near as much of your unemployment on fuel.
                This is true!

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Sorry to hear that Trevor. you'll be fine, smart people can make their own way.
                Thanks for the kind words Al. Hope you're right!

Comment

• Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                  They did. No hate against them, its just business. In fact, I would be happy to go back there once the dust settles.

Are you eligible for rehire if you take a severance package?

Comment

• Talisman Energy (being acquired by Repsol) is cutting 15% (150-200) of their head office staff in Calgary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Lol...look at this dick!!!
                      Glass half full, negro!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Not immediately, but yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Glass half full, negro!
                          You were way too happy to say it!

I'll probably be in DFW easter weekend. Y'all still want some clothes donations for the wife's non profit?

Comment

Talisman Energy (being acquired by Repsol) is cutting 15% (150-200) of their head office staff in Calgary.
                            Fucking Talisman.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That goes on in this industry? Fuck a bunch of that, that sucks.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                That goes on in this industry? Fuck a bunch of that, that sucks.
                                Unsure about O&G at large. I only know how our company works.
                                I know that we closed an offshore O&G packaging facility in Singapore last year and the guys I knew there who took the package won't be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X