X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I just wanna fish off the dang boat!!!
    Alvarado my friend.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      They aren't letting people into the park until AT LEAST July 6th. They lost Memorial Day and they are going to lose Independence Day.
      I was just thinking about this over the weekend.... wondering if any of the lake camp grounds will be open by July 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Alvarado my friend.
        So the fishing is worth 2 shits in alvarado? Asking cause I live near there
        WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          So the fishing is worth 2 shits in alvarado? Asking cause I live near there
          never fished there, but it's open. Pool is closed, so that's not an option, and there arent that many lakes to choose from right now.

I should add that there is about a two to one ratio of fishing boats to pleasure, sometimes more than that, in my experience.
          Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 06-01-2015, 11:57 AM.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Hey 377, between Pilot Point and Tioga, is closed until July 6th due to Ray Roberts lake being flooded. They highway has become part of the lake...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• I drove down 78 last night from Lavon to Wylie and the new bridge was packed with people fishing. Lots of rushing water. I wonder if the fishing is really that good?

Comment

• Am I the only one who is confused and creeped out by road side fishing? I already kind of don't understand the draw to fishing, but if it's a "peaceful day outdoors" I get that. But next to a highway?

Comment

• I assume half of those people are going for crawdeads.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I assume half of those people are going for crawdeads.
                    lol.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• ha good catch.
                      zombie crawdads

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        Hey 377, between Pilot Point and Tioga, is closed until July 6th due to Ray Roberts lake being flooded. They highway has become part of the lake...
                        North of 455?

Edit: Yeah, probably where the highway goes over the lake. I haven't been that way in a while.
                        Last edited by Nash B.; 06-02-2015, 07:39 AM.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          North of 455?

Edit: Yeah, probably where the highway goes over the lake. I haven't been that way in a while.
                          Yeah, north of 455.
                          Latest update says it will be open by June 6th. Guess they will be able to drain it enough by then.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• So how many lakes are closed right now? I have heard a few are and that sucks with us finally having good weather.

Comment

• Are the lakes off limits or just hard to get on and marinas are shut down? I know for Texoma, they'll shuttle you out to your boat and you can take off if you want. Just no open ramps that I'm aware of as of now. Guides are still fishing...etc.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                Am I the only one who is confused and creeped out by road side fishing? I already kind of don't understand the draw to fishing, but if it's a "peaceful day outdoors" I get that. But next to a highway?
                                Easy access I guess.

I remember when I was a kid fishing with my Dad and Grandpa sitting on the edge of an old wooden, single lane width bridge with my feet dangling off. No guardrail of any kind. I could reach back and touch the cars as they drove across. I am glad to have that memory, but not something I would do with my kids with the way people drive these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X