Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili
    I have posted this on both sites, FYI.

I just wanted to write out my feelings and thoughts on everything that has gone down since Friday.

First of all, I am saddened by a number of things that has happened, not just the sale of the board in itself. I was very surprised that so many people were so quick to completely jump ship and then attempt to burn down dfwstangs on the way out. To some extent I think people may have been a little to quick to react and this whole thing may have been more meaningful if it had been thought out a little before taking action. More importantly I am saddened by what seems to me as further fracturing of our little group. One of the things that has kept me around here so long is that although you constantly see bickering and such, people always seemed to come together when it counted. This time, not so much.

I am bummed that the website was sold but hopefully everyone can stay level-headed enough to keep this whole thing going. I hate seeing friends turning on friends. I dislike the idea that whether true or perceived there are individuals that want to keep others out of whatever board we end up on. I know some people are a pain in the ass at times but blocking / banning / whatever is not the way things have been done, and I think that was a positive attribute. I am a firm believer that we all benefit from a diverse set of ideas, different types of people, etc. and that it outweighs the negatives in most cases.

I will keep sitting on the fence to see where things go but the outlook isn’t positive in my eyes, at least not at the moment.

I hold no ill will towards anyone, this has been a big surprise to all and people can react funny to change. I just urge everyone to take a minute and think before so much is undone.

~Chili
    I don't understand where this is coming from, but you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm really sorry you feel this way.

I'm the sole person responsible for this move! You can ask Tyler and he will back me up. When I got on the board Friday and saw what was happening, I called Tyler to rescue the community. I told him we needed a place to go and fast. I saw what dfwstangs had become and it was the exact opposite of what it has stood for all these years. Like I said in another post the other day, this is the same board that came to my rescue two weeks ago. You guys are family to me, even the ones that annoy me. Sure the only difference was in actual format of the board with the ads and such, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it went down hill. The moderation was just around the corner and the whole look/ feel was going to change.

Over the years I've been on many different forums and dfwstangs was the only one that I was still active on. That place was like home to me and many others! I wasn't going to stand around and watch it unravel. This place means so much to me that I told Tyler that I'm only holding admin status until I'm no longer needed and will give it back. I want this place to stay what it always has been.

You bring up pre-banning certain people. As far as I know only one person has been banned and it was for specific reasons proven by a mod. We aren't playing favorites here as far as I know. If we are then I'm going to voice my opinion and that will change!

I also believe we came together as a community to show the new owners of DFWS that you aren't going to mess with us. You say we are fractured and you are saddened, but this site alone proves that we can come together as a community! We have principals and stand by them. I would say 99.9% of the people here are more interested in saving the community than padding the pockets of a corporation that sees each member as $$$. It's very humbling to me that everyone is here and more are joining every hour. DFWS was the home, but without the home we are still a family. If we wanted to leave and burn it down on the way out, then that's our right! We made that place what it was, it didn't make us.

Like 8mpg said all we did was add a couple of letters to the address and changed the host server. DFWS is still alive and well at dfwmustangs.net.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

if anybody needs a hug just pm me. ill meet you half way.
      i agree, that shit happened too fast. i am also still on the fence with it all.
      .....bro....

Comment

Hey Craig. I can relate to what you are saying as many others here do. DFWstangs will never be the same. Its gone and trying to make it come back aint gonna happen. The new owners dont understand who we are, and thats fine. Look at it this way...The old mustang is sold and gone, but the new ride is in. Im just glad that someone thought enough of us all to put this site in place. Not only, but with DFWstang join date and post count.

Its all good man. Welcome home!
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by kc50lx
          I don't understand where this is coming from, but you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm really sorry you feel this way.

I'm the sole person responsible for this move! You can ask Tyler and he will back me up. When I got on the board Friday and saw what was happening, I called Tyler to rescue the community. I told him we needed a place to go and fast. I saw what dfwstangs had become and it was the exact opposite of what it has stood for all these years. Like I said in another post the other day, this is the same board that came to my rescue two weeks ago. You guys are family to me, even the ones that annoy me. Sure the only difference was in actual format of the board with the ads and such, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it went down hill. The moderation was just around the corner and the whole look/ feel was going to change.

Over the years I've been on many different forums and dfwstangs was the only one that I was still active on. That place was like home to me and many others! I wasn't going to stand around and watch it unravel. This place means so much to me that I told Tyler that I'm only holding admin status until I'm no longer needed and will give it back. I want this place to stay what it always has been.

You bring up pre-banning certain people. As far as I know only one person has been banned and it was for specific reasons proven by a mod. We aren't playing favorites here as far as I know. If we are then I'm going to voice my opinion and that will change!

I also believe we came together as a community to show the new owners of DFWS that you aren't going to mess with us. You say we are fractured and you are saddened, but this site alone proves that we can come together as a community! We have principals and stand by them. I would say 99.9% of the people here are more interested in saving the community than padding the pockets of a corporation that sees each member as $$$. It's very humbling to me that everyone is here and more are joining every hour. DFWS was the home, but without the home we are still a family. If we wanted to leave and burn it down on the way out, then that's our right! We made that place what it was, it didn't make us.

Like 8mpg said all we did was add a couple of letters to the address and changed the host server. DFWS is still alive and well at dfwmustangs.net.
          Keep up the good work man, you've done nothing but great things so far. I'm still baffled as to what the supposed issue is here.

Comment

It's that Canadian cock suckers fault!!!!!!! He broke a happy home.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by A+
              if anybody needs a hug just pm me. ill meet you half way.
              i agree, that shit happened too fast. i am also still on the fence with it all.
              Will you hug me in my miata?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kc50lx

When I posted this it was with the intent of not replying, I just wanted to share my thoughts, but it seems there may be some confusion that I want to clear up. This was in no way an indictment on you, Tyler, or anyone else. I think it's great that you guys have put in so much effort here and an not trying to discount it or knock it in any way.

My concerns for the fracturing the group are not those who moved here vs those that are staying in Canada, I'm speaking more towards the way people seem to be aligning themselves with this board and / or whatever Jose ends up doing. It just feels like we are going to end up with some board rivalry and while some of that is entertaining I unfortunately have people I consider good friends on both sides, which make me torn.

As an example, we have always been comfortable inviting all of our friends to our house for parties and I just hope that some of the old rifts that are growing larger don't make that an issue in the future.

So anyways, I hope you don't think this was meant as derogatory towards you, or anyone else, I was just wanting people (particularly those I consider friends) to hopefully understand where I fall on the issue.

Comment

Time and place for group hug?

Comment

Craig and Leah are the Switzerland of dfwmustangs. I won't punch anyone in your house.

Comment

Craig and Leah are the Switzerland of dfwmustangs. I won't punch anyone in your house.
                      Do they also count as a tax shelter? :cool:

Comment

You'll slap them though.

Luckily, I'm the Gandhi of DFWmustangs
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

May I remind you, it was in our house you slapped poor Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili
                            May I remind you, it was in our house you slapped poor Donald.
                            Twice.

Comment

Let's just make all of Euless into Switzerland. I enjoy the company of both of you goons.

No, wait, can my house be Amsterdam?

Comment

In a weird way I see the Canadians as Al Queda on 9/11 destroying what we love, everyone felt blindsided and angry, but everyone came together, then conspiracy theories began floating to the surface, and Geraldo did a special several years later, and I have lost my train of thought.
                                De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                                X