Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95ragtop
    In a weird way I see the Canadians as Al Queda on 9/11 destroying what we love, everyone felt blindsided and angry, but everyone came together, then conspiracy theories began floating to the surface, and Geraldo did a special several years later, and I have lost my train of thought.
    Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50
      Time and place for group hug?

JITB, 15 mins.
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv
        Let's just make all of Euless into Switzerland. I enjoy the company of both of you goons.

No, wait, can my house be Amsterdam?
        You need more red lights but you're almost there.

Comment

I guess I will express my opinion, since all the cool kids are.

DFWStangs was a great place to get advice, buy and sell, meet friends, etc. I was telling my wife this weekend about some of the stories. My brother and I sharing an account in the begining and making him start his own. Meeting new interesting people. Making some of the best friends that I have. These folks that are now here have made up a ton of my time, entertainment, and fun. From vacations and weddings, to pool hall and house parties, this group is awesome.

We are a community of friends, and even when we bicker, we all come together when the time comes. I got a ton of support when I lost two very important people to me from this group. At any time, you can log on to find some humor, drama, tittybar reviews, a GTG, or some drama. Want to know who the # that has been calling and hanging up belongs? Post it. Might be Chuck. latest news before it makes the TV/Radio? While I dont like that there had to be a change, I will be following this great group. I like the oldschool feel of this place, and will be staying. If there is another site created, I will snoop there too. Either way, friends are fiends.

I will modify my qoute: DFWMustangs, where more people get their news, than probably should.

pardon the spelling and gramatical errors.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger
            JITB, 15 mins.

Which one!!??!!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv
              Let's just make all of Euless into Switzerland. I enjoy the company of both of you goons.

No, wait, can my house be Amsterdam?

I'll drink to that!

..and Jodi posted the "Twice," Don, not me!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor
                Which one!!??!!

The one next to whataburger.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger
                  The one next to whataburger.

Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton
                    The only thing I'll miss, and I don't see this being available to us as we pack ship and leave, are the archives of years of communication between all of us. I still occasionally troll through a lot of the old posts and think back to what all we were doing back then, etc. I'm guessing that all will be lost in the move.
                    I'm betting Jose has a backup of the old stuff that could be migrated over...

Comment

I am just thankful Elvis made it over here.

Comment

might already be said

Originally posted by kc50lx
                        I don't understand where this is coming from, but you're entitled to your own opinion. I'm really sorry you feel this way.

I'm the sole person responsible for this move! You can ask Tyler and he will back me up. When I got on the board Friday and saw what was happening, I called Tyler to rescue the community. I told him we needed a place to go and fast. I saw what dfwstangs had become and it was the exact opposite of what it has stood for all these years. Like I said in another post the other day, this is the same board that came to my rescue two weeks ago. You guys are family to me, even the ones that annoy me. Sure the only difference was in actual format of the board with the ads and such, but I knew it was only a matter of time before it went down hill. The moderation was just around the corner and the whole look/ feel was going to change.

Over the years I've been on many different forums and dfwstangs was the only one that I was still active on. That place was like home to me and many others! I wasn't going to stand around and watch it unravel. This place means so much to me that I told Tyler that I'm only holding admin status until I'm no longer needed and will give it back. I want this place to stay what it always has been.

You bring up pre-banning certain people. As far as I know only one person has been banned and it was for specific reasons proven by a mod. We aren't playing favorites here as far as I know. If we are then I'm going to voice my opinion and that will change!

I also believe we came together as a community to show the new owners of DFWS that you aren't going to mess with us. You say we are fractured and you are saddened, but this site alone proves that we can come together as a community! We have principals and stand by them. I would say 99.9% of the people here are more interested in saving the community than padding the pockets of a corporation that sees each member as $$$. It's very humbling to me that everyone is here and more are joining every hour. DFWS was the home, but without the home we are still a family. If we wanted to leave and burn it down on the way out, then that's our right! We made that place what it was, it didn't make us.

Like 8mpg said all we did was add a couple of letters to the address and changed the host server. DFWS is still alive and well at dfwmustangs.net.

THANK YOU for your efforts ..... as others have said, it's the core group of people and attitudes that have made the site worth being a part of my everyday for the past decade .... glad to see we still have a home without the Ads - which I swear was slowing down everything!
                        sigpic
                        08 Mustang GT - NOT Stock ..... HPP Flex fuel tunes - 537/515 RWHP/RWT

Click for Little Elm, Texas Forecast

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO
                          You'll slap them though.

Luckily, I'm the Gandhi of DFWmustangs

Even Ghandi was taller than you!

Comment

Wow. I have missed A LOT!
                            Now how do I get my old registration and 30k posts back?!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Wow. I have missed A LOT!
                              Now how do I get my old registration and 30k posts back?!
                              Read the stickys newb!
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have been lurking here for 8 years now and I must say how impressed I am with everyone here (well 98% anyway) and on how quick and clean a lifeboat was set up for all of us. Now that I think about it I am shocked at the thought of not having you goofy fuckers around. This site will work just fine as far as I'm concerned. But if we have to move to another one that will just give everybody something to bitch about and there we go at it like nothing ever happened. Oh yea FUCK CANADA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X