No announcement yet.

coffee and cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I wanted to see a bunch of late model crap I could go to the dealership and walk the lot.

Granted they are becoming a little snobbish, it makes sense to keep the everyday cars to the side and keep the interesting stuff front and center.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

They also said something you don't see everyday. I'd say any Fox would fall under that category.
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        If I wanted to see a bunch of late model crap I could go to the dealership and walk the lot.

Granted they are becoming a little snobbish, it makes sense to keep the everyday cars to the side and keep the interesting stuff front and center.
        I agree to an extent, that show has gotten so big that they have to do something. Nobody cares to see a lowered civic on "bbs reps" with an illest sticker on the windshield.

Ive never really understood the car show scene, especially the "really clean two year old 6 cyl camaro" crowd.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Here is the entire statement on FB
          HERE WE GO!! Final Update before Saturday... Share with Friends.
          - Gates Open @ 6:30am
          - Special Visits from Misfit Garage and ASM Auto Upholstery.
          - Show Cars ONLY inside. Stock Cars please go to one of the parking lots NORTH of Classic BMW.
          Wheels, exhaust, and stickers still qualify as 'stock'. The statement doesn't count towards supercars or classic cars, muscle cars, etc... We are referring to the main stream cars. The ones you see on your way to work. Car is gotta be unique, have a cool factor. If it's a car show will it get pictures of it? Will it win?... Does it stand out from the crowd? Does it sound like the meanest of them all? If you have questions feel free and send a Private Message.

I partly understand this because the lot at Classic was filling up quick and there are some bone stock cars in there. But they aren't handling this very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Sounds like a bunch of faggoty gossip girl bullshit.
            It's is at a BMW dealer isn't it ?

Comment

Who actually runs Cars and Coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                Who actually runs Cars and Coffee?
                Master Blaster

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                  It's is at a BMW dealer isn't it ?
                  I think you are onto something
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                    Bingo. It has become equal parts snobs and cliques. Fuck them.
                    Most car shows are. Few years back at the gasoline alley car show in Terrell, we brought my moms 89 IROC-Z out. It's a pretty much bone stock example, but decently clean. Gate attendant was trying to keep us out, the exact words were "You're going to enter THAT in the car show?!?"

Yeah guess which car won 80's class.

Wonder how they would react to me bringing out my 1 of 71 WS6 vert? Can't say that you see one of those every day on the trip to work.

Comment

Another Reason to just do the Fort Worth Cars and Coffee next weekend for me. It's hard enough to get up that early on a Saturday, but to then have to drive over an hour to get there... I'm out.

That said, either of my cars would still qualify for these new rules so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape.

Comment

come to the lssra run in granbury this year blake. good show and nobody really gives a damn about trophy's .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                          come to the lssra run in granbury this year blake. good show and nobody really gives a damn about trophy's .
                          That might have to happen. I need to get my A/C going if it's in June though. Black car with greenhouse window is a hot mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            When, and what is that?

Comment

I haven't been in a few years but I don't like to "car show" that much. I like more of a random parking lot meet. Whatever goes, no rules of entry, spread out at random. It used to be a spot for the quirky or unique home build crowds which are the ONLY folks I want to talk to. Sounds like it has changed.
                              Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 02-04-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

There are usually a few cool cars, but I can see them at other car shows that aren't over an hour away at 6am.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X