coffee and cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    I haven't been in a few years but I don't like to "car show" that much. I like more of a random parking lot meet. Whatever goes, no rules of entry, spread out at random. It used to be a spot for the quirky or unique home build crowds which are the ONLY folks I want to talk to. Sounds like it has changed.
    What you just described is pretty much exactly what the Fort Worth C&C is like. Quirky and home built is probably the minority, but I had some good conversations with some cool people that built some interesting cars last time I went a few months ago.

Comment

One or two of my cars could probably get in pretty easily, but I normally show up late and park in the back parking lot. Screw that mess. I just like walking around checking out all the cool cars and enjoying the weather and crowd. I couldn't care less about showing off my cars.

I do agree it had gotten out of a hand a few times with the Mustang/Camaro/Civic/Challenger/Subaru/Nissan/Vette etc. clubs showing up and taking up 20 slots of mostly stock looking cars. That was lame, so I see why they are now excluding that crap. It was really annoying I'm sure when the Lambo's, Ferrari's, etc. owners were getting waved off at 7am to the back 40 because the main lot was full of the aforementioned stockish cars.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

lone star street rod association annual run june 10-11-12 in granbury . open to 72 and earlier .

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Another Reason to just do the Fort Worth Cars and Coffee next weekend for me. It's hard enough to get up that early on a Saturday, but to then have to drive over an hour to get there... I'm out.

That said, either of my cars would still qualify for these new rules so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape.
          If the weather is decent, I'll be there too. Seems like quite a few board members go to the Ft. Worth one.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Fuck C&C, its so out of hand that it sucks outloud! First off you have to get there at 6:00am to 7:00am to get a decent spot and even then they might wave you off if your car doesn't fit their criteria. My Cobra looks stock as hell, but I have all money under the hood and car, (kind of like KBSCobra). I haven't been waived off yet but I'm not going to get up at 5:00am travel there and be told to park elsewhere. And as someone else posted, its all about the clubs and cliques, fuck those guys...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
              come to the lssra run in granbury this year blake. good show and nobody really gives a damn about trophy's .
              More info, if you please.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                More info, if you please.
                Disregard

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                  They also said something you don't see everyday. I'd say any Fox would fall under that category.
                  I bet they would still get turned away, Only losers drive foxes.

Comment

#sigh

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Why you got to talk about the Naynus like that?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                        Yeah they do. Winners just have non-running ones.
                        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                        '13 Dodge Cummins
                        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                          Yeah they do. Winners just have non-running ones.
                          Ooohhh, I'm tellin!!

Comment

Fuck it, those of us who actually have running/driving foxes should show up... I'm in for it.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              Here is the entire statement on FB

I partly understand this because the lot at Classic was filling up quick and there are some bone stock cars in there. But they aren't handling this very well.
                              Whoever typed that shouldn't be allowed in the show either.

Comment

who dunnit?

Comment

Working...
                                X