No announcement yet.

Got a mid-school BMX bike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else rode the obanion "trails/jumps/ob trails" in garland? So many good memories riding to 7/11 with 50 cents and buying jungle juice haha
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
      I wanted an Elf soooooo bad, it was my dream bike. Please tell me it was the best bike you ever rode?!?! Lie to me if you have to. Lol
      It was fantastic until I started dirt jumping and an awkward landing on a 360 demolished it. Super well made for racing though. It was the teal colored frame. Loved it.

This one. Not my bike (I had $2,000 in parts tacked on) but same frame.

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Elfs were a great platform

I always wanted one of those "hawk" square frame bikes because they were light as fuck
        I remember these making funny noise at the track. The square tubing and the wind made a howl when riding fast.

Comment

The track in Desoto is covered and they practice mon and wed nights 630-9pm... Races are Friday and Saturday @ 8pm

Cowtown track practice is Tuesday 630-9 pm and they Race Friday at 8pm and Sunday at 3pm

Both tracks have a lot of 35 to 45 year old racers and it makes for some good races for us old guys for sure.

Comment

Who else rode the obanion "trails/jumps/ob trails" in garland? So many good memories riding to 7/11 with 50 cents and buying jungle juice haha
            Is that the one by the ball fields? If so yes, my GP's lived down the road from that a little.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                I had this exact bike, but rarely rode it because I was a skater:

I've still got my Dyno Detour. Rode it just the other day with my kids down to the town pool.

Mine is all chrome with black wheels and the yellow and blue decals. Still have the gyro brakes on it
                --Marcus

Comment

Man, I was there. Some of the best times growing up. We had the downside, SMD and that big one in the back. I went by there a few months back. I'll try to post some pics. It's all grown over but you can still see what was where. All the huge trees we used to chill under are dying.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    I saw this yesterday on FB and shared it then... so bad ass.

I need to get some new pics up of the bike, it's had a few more updates and still has a few more to come. I'll try to get some up this afternoon.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Has anyone been out to the Frisco track ? I haven't made it over yet..
                      Frisco Pump Track, The PIT, Frisco Mountain Bike Trail

Comment

I miss my old white/white Hutch Windstyler. A guy pulled a 12in. bowie knife on me outside a pizza place and jacked me when i was in the 8th grade. I almost pulled the trigger last year on a mint PK Ripper. I still kick myself for not getting it.
                        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          Has anyone been out to the Frisco track ? I haven't made it over yet..
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTMseBcmdw
                          No, where is that???

Edit: I think I know where that is... by the MTB trails which is right over here by my house and my kids school. I'll go drive by there.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            No, where is that???
                            WAYYY the eff over west... Wish it was closer.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                              WAYYY the eff over west... Wish it was closer.
                              https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fr...2!4d-96.864257
                              Yup, right across from my kid's school.

Stevo

Comment

So it's certainly looking better than when I got it, but still has a long way to go. I put it in an OA bath to remove the surface rust but I think I'm going to disassemble it and polish it all up before I put the new sticker kit on it (in the mail on the way).

Since getting it I've replaced the crank, chain-wheel and stem with profile racing units. I replaced the seat with a period correct GT seat, the bars with Robinson Pro units and the pedals are now blue anodized VP Racing.

I still need new wheels and tires, I want chrome/polished hoops and blue hubs with some skinwall GT Megabite tires. One of the next things will be a new chain as that one is nasty even after I gave it an OA bath. I also want a layback seat post and a nice GT seat clamp.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X