No announcement yet.

Got a mid-school BMX bike again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Redline MX24 is a pretty decent deal. They're still a good bike. Just about every BMX company has a 24 these days. Ive seen several on craigs on a regular basis.
    I'd check out Danscomp and Planet BMX for deals too.

Comment

How much for that GHP? Seriously...
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

20-inch for life...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          20-inch for life...
          20 inch bike was fine when I was 16 years old. Now I am looking for something a little more similar in size to my mx bike. Trying to get some exercise and not so much dirt jumps like I rode when I was younger. If I am going to jump anything I will twist the throttle to get the required speed and have plenty of cushy suspension to handle the landing. The idea of "flyin W" a BMX bike at this age is more than I care to inflict on myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
            How much for that GHP? Seriously...
            I stole that thing. It was literally the very last one he had. Talked to Greg Hill himself. They got out of the "complete" bike business. They only make frames now.
            I actually want a Flight pro 24 ($1100). It would take a lot of cash for me to dump the GHP. Its never been to the track...I plan to hit the track in January if my ribs heal anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Thanks to this thread I'm already considering buying a project bike to build when I'm bored.. thanks a lot assholes! Lol
              Well, just buy a matching Sunday cruiser...

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Oh yeah, I remember all that...

Got it all torn down and in an OA bath for the night to remove the rust spots from the chrome. I'll clean it all up and re-grease it when I start putting new parts on it.

Where do I get that chemical and what's the procedure?
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Where do I get that chemical and what's the procedure?
                  Amazon... $9 with Prime shipping.

Here is the procedure.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

This is a pretty decent deal on 2 projects. One is a 24.

I may have to pick those up myself..

Comment

I still have my haro group 1 from when I was a kid. In 2010 I picked up a redline 24", rode it for about a year and parked it. May have to go through them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                        I still have my haro group 1 from when I was a kid. In 2010 I picked up a redline 24", rode it for about a year and parked it. May have to go through them both.
                        What redline ? Wanna sell ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                          I just scored a free aluminum group 1, I was on my way to buy it and the dude said I could have it.. I'll be building this for my boy as well.. then I'm getting a 24" for me

I need some chrome handlebars and a 3 piece crank.. this bike really needs some love but I can polish the frame back to chrome myself and get the decals from its era.. gonna replace all rubber, bolts, bearings and axles as well
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                            What redline ? Wanna sell ?
                            MX24, I need to keep it and get back to riding regularly. I bought it because I live so close to work but it also entails crossing a 6 lane highway at 3pm going home..

Comment

Cool, mine sat out for quite a while so it would need completely rebuilt. Started surfing dans comp earlier though..

I just scored a free aluminum group 1, I was on my way to buy it and the dude said I could have it.. I'll be building this for my boy as well.. then I'm getting a 24" for me

I need some chrome handlebars and a 3 piece crank.. this bike really needs some love but I can polish the frame back to chrome myself and get the decals from its era.. gonna replace all rubber, bolts, bearings and axles as well

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                                Amazon... $9 with Prime shipping.

Here is the procedure.
                                Thanks I ordered it, I'll post a before and after
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X