Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

oh man so many memories from this thread!

Comment

Oldest son Pat raced BMX in the 90's. Still have a GHP, Blacklite ( forerunner of the Titan titanium bikes) Revcore, and a couple other frames hanging in the garage.
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

I picked up this 87 Diamondback off of CL a few months back to ride around with the kids. It was very original and needed few things, but the chrome was great and it turned out perfect for what I was looking for. I put a comfortable seat on it and it rides awesome.

Comment

Dang man, that thing is CLEAN, post up more pics please.

Stevo

Comment

Started wetsanding the frame.. kinda 1/2 assed did one side.. gonna have to bring it down to like 220 grit to get some deep stuff out.. the boy was super pumped today lol

On the shiny side I did
              320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500, and 2000 grit and I had some mag polish from 2009 laying around and it made it pretty good.. my fresh can of mothers should be here some time today..
              before:

After:

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Holy shit, that looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                  Holy shit, that looks great.
                  Thanks, I'm pretty sure I can make it way better after I sand it all the way down and remove all surface scratches and pitting where it was later on its side or something rubbed it but overall the frame is in really good shape and a great platform
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Thanks, I'm pretty sure I can make it way better after I sand it all the way down and remove all surface scratches and pitting where it was later on its side or something rubbed it but overall the frame is in really good shape and a great platform
                    You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't hunt down a set of black anodized Black Widow 175mm cranks and Crupi Pro rounds for it.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't hunt down a set of black anodized Black Widow 175mm cranks and Crupi Pro rounds for it.
                      I had crupi's with titanium axles way back when..they're like $250 now lol fuck that haha but I have been searching a nice crank..
                      I really want these but it's a lot of coin to drop on a 12 year old that might not understand how quickly this bike will grow legs if he leaves it out..
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I need to clean up my bike and take photos of it.

When I was 15 or 16 I had an ELF Expert. Euro bottom bracket, teal... Real nice frame with all the lightweight race shit I could throw at it working over a year for my mom at $6 an hour. It got stolen once and I lucked out: whoever snagged it got a flat a few blocks away and ditched it in someone's front yard.

I grew up in east Arlington and had a couple close calls with actual aggressive "give me you fucking bike" thugs and one that did manage to get away with my PK Ripper. He got caught because my friend's sister saw him with it and they went to the same school. That bike was worth over $1,500, a search of his house recovered 4 more stolen bikes and he was 18 years old. Poor bastard got the long cock of the law shoved up his thieving ass. I'll give my mom credit for one thing, she made sure they pressed every charge they could find on him.
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          I need to clean up my bike and take photos of it.

When I was 15 or 16 I had an ELF Expert. Euro bottom bracket, teal... Real nice frame with all the lightweight race shit I could throw at it working over a year for my mom at $6 an hour. It got stolen once and I lucked out: whoever snagged it got a flat a few blocks away and ditched it in someone's front yard.

I grew up in east Arlington and had a couple close calls with actual aggressive "give me you fucking bike" thugs and one that did manage to get away with my PK Ripper. He got caught because my friend's sister saw him with it and they went to the same school. That bike was worth over $1,500, a search of his house recovered 4 more stolen bikes and he was 18 years old. Poor bastard got the long cock of the law shoved up his thieving ass. I'll give my mom credit for one thing, she made sure they pressed every charge they could find on him.
                          My buddy and I had some similar situations in garland at the obanion trails.. more than once a few dudes tried to aggressively take our bikes but we were faster than them.. my bike stayed inside when I wasn't riding it.. my mom hated her new dining room/parking spot for the Robinson!
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            My buddy and I had some similar situations in garland at the obanion trails.. more than once a few dudes tried to aggressively take our bikes but we were faster than them.. my bike stayed inside when I wasn't riding it.. my mom hated her new dining room/parking spot for the Robinson!
                            I luckily never got jacked while I was on it, the only getaways were when I stupidly left it on a front porch, twice. The PK and the ELF.
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

• Luckily mine never got stolen, I was just stupid and quit paying the storage unit it was in.

Stevo

Comment

• Wow the oa bath is bad ass! I'm gonna let it sit anoon her 8 hours or so before I take the final pic but it's coming along very nice.. I've been pulling it out every 6 hours or so and cleaning the yellow with a toothbrush..

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X