Six figure blue collar jobs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
    15-30 a pop and those that are good can run 3-5 people through an hour......yeah barbers (hair dressers) have been making bank for years.
    ... Something like that
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by the king View Post
      train drivers make more money than anyone.
      $$$choochooo$$$!!!!

Comment

Hair dressers > pizza delivery drivers
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Not hard to do with smart financial decisions. A friend of mine makes a good chunk less than I do, and also has no kids. He bought his first house 10 years ago, for $105,000. Remodeled and sold it for $185,000 6 years later. Bought his next house for $199,000 and sold it 3 years later for $250,000. Downsized to another house for $135,000, and sold it 6 months later for $145,000. The house he's in now was listed for $395,000 but I think he got in to it for $350,000. No second job, no side income. His wife works, but doesn't make much and I'm not sure how much she contributes to the bills.

He doesn't waste money, doesn't buy shit he doesn't need, but the no kids thing is huge when it comes to income vs expenses.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Hair dressers > pizza delivery drivers
            Correct.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
              15-30 a pop and those that are good can run 3-5 people through an hour......yeah barbers (hair dressers) have been making bank for years.
              And just cutting hair is the low end.. Once they start doing color and shit is when they can start making the big bucks (assuming they're any good and have clients).

Hell, my ex was probably bringing in the $60k annual range when including tips, and that was at Sports Clips.. I will say she didn't waste time like most of the workers in those types of places though. She would run through almost twice as many clients a day as many of her coworkers. Tips could get pretty incredible too. She worked at the one in Las Colinas and many of her regular clients would tip between $10 and $20 for a haircut that took 10 - 15 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                That's what I was thinking, $300k isn't a lot of house.
                Depends on location.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Depends on location.
                  Right? Of course to Aaron $300k isn't much, but you can still get close to McMansion territory with that in many places.

Comment

I'm not talking CA prices. I've been perusing homes in the North Dallas area (Plano, Frisco, Prosper, Allen, etc.) with thought of a relocation in the next couple years, and $300k is near the middle of the of the spectrum. Decent homes, but older, and I wouldn't be wondering how someone affords them. The nice stuff starts at double that.

Comment

The nice stuff starts at double that.
                      Yes, and it depends on your location. If you were to go further out of town you could pick up a decent sized house and lot in the $300 to $350K price range. I don't know much about Allen or Prosper, but Plano and Frisco have always been on the high end. Seemed everyone wanted to live there with the population explosion in the 90's.

Comment

I'm not talking CA prices. I've been perusing homes in the North Dallas area (Plano, Frisco, Prosper, Allen, etc.) with thought of a relocation in the next couple years, and $300k is near the middle of the of the spectrum. Decent homes, but older, and I wouldn't be wondering how someone affords them. The nice stuff starts at double that.
                        That's still a location issue.. lol

And the reason shit is so expensive up there is because of all of you damn Californians moving there and driving up the prices!!

Comment

I've seen some pretty nice houses in North Irving for that kind of money.

It could just be that view of "Pretty Nice" is skewed a bit because I live in a house purchased for $110k in South Irving 7 years ago.

Comment

Become a State Farm agent and get your own office... money's tight the first few years while you build up your client base then you just sit back and let it pour in--good friend of mine pulling down $250K+ with a Bachelor's degree. Doesn't work very hard now either.
                            '13 Porsche 911S, PDK, every Sport option, Aqua Blue

'13 King Ranch F150 S'Crew.

Comment

Originally posted by slingshot View Post
                              Become a State Farm agent and get your own office... money's tight the first few years while you build up your client base then you just sit back and let it pour in--good friend of mine pulling down $250K+ with a Bachelor's degree. Doesn't work very hard now either.
                              I know of a Farmers agent in Southlake that doesn't work very hard either.. Nor does his office staff.

Jeffrey Hardin.. Stay fucking clear of that piece of shit agency.. Seriously.

Comment

Fuck a 300k house payment with 100k annual income, I'm paying $1500 a month for my house and that is already plenty high enough for me.

I totally got F'd on the buy low sell high game, I got my first house when I was 19 for 95k, sold it for the same amount 10 years later, shortly after that the market started to shoot up, ugh.
                                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                                X