Best BBQ joints in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Franklin's for sure. I also like Kerlin better but that place isn't hipster enough to be known (which means nearly no wait). I've never had snows or LA BBQ, but they're supposed to be top notch as well.

If you preorder...you don't have to wait in line at Franklin's anymore. But the line is part of the fun if you treat it like tailgating.
    LaBBQ is good but the line moves so freaking slow. That and they don't sell beer! The trailer next door does if they are open. Freedmens is the #2 place in Austin now.

Franklin's has stepped up their preorder game quite a bit but you still need to order at least 5 pounds.

Comment

1050 BBQ in Richardson is pretty good.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        LaBBQ is good but the line moves so freaking slow. That and they don't sell beer! The trailer next door does if they are open. Freedmens is the #2 place in Austin now.

Franklin's has stepped up their preorder game quite a bit but you still need to order at least 5 pounds.
        La BBQ has free beer man!

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          1050 BBQ in Richardson is pretty good.
          no it really isn't

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            no it really isn't
            I agree, but I also hate Hard 8 BBQ. Neat experiences, but the BBQ isn't that great.

My current favorites in DFW is: Hutchins and Meat U Anywhere.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
              I agree, but I also hate Hard 8 BBQ. Neat experiences, but the BBQ isn't that great.

My current favorites in DFW is: Hutchins and Meat U Anywhere.
              and TEN50 is like a bad version of Hard 8

Comment

and TEN50 is like a bad version of Hard 8
                That's what 'L' said, she went to lunch with some co-workers there and she said it sucked. And she usually isn't a food snob unless it's Tex-Mex...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Hard 8 has always been horrible . from day one it sucked. dry overcooked crap kept in warmer . believe me they dont throw away anything.

Comment

The best BBQ I think in DFW was from this older black dude that drove around with a PIT tied to his Avalanche. I was going to visit my fam in Mansfield one time and stopped at Kroger in GP off 20 and GSW. He was posted up there. He gave me his business card but I lost it !
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      The best BBQ I think in DFW was from this older black dude that drove around with a PIT tied to his Avalanche. I was going to visit my fam in Mansfield one time and stopped at Kroger in GP off 20 and GSW. He was posted up there. He gave me his business card but I lost it !
                      Maaan, I think that dude is in Uptown on Routh street on Fri-&Sat nights, right around the corner from Kung Fu/Concrete Cowboy. I was at the BBC and stumbled across the street and had a great chopped brisket sammich. Of course when you've been drinking everything is good.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        Hutchins is good. They used to cater all our stuff at work. It's nice to be able to get catfish too. That place is a zoo at lunch though. I wish I could find a place that did good burnt ends Kansas City style.
                        18th & vine for good Kansas BBQ and post oak smokehouse in las colinas for the Tx counterpart.

Hard eight is garbage n so is every other big chain
                        Slow bone is sloppy n has lost its ways
                        Lockharts oak cliff is still good just messy
                        Pecan lodge BBQ is good but the sides suck

Comment

no it really isn't
                          Agreed. Ten50 is overpriced and pretty bad
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Buddy's bbq in Hurst or Bedford.

Woody Creek by Ridgemar mall.

Comment

I think a place must have to be older to be "broke in", or "seasoned" is probably the better word. New bbq joints just need time to get the flavor. Makes it harder on an upstart.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                                Maaan, I think that dude is in Uptown on Routh street on Fri-&Sat nights, right around the corner from Kung Fu/Concrete Cowboy. I was at the BBC and stumbled across the street and had a great chopped brisket sammich. Of course when you've been drinking everything is good.
                                Big Black C?

Comment

Working...
                                X