No announcement yet.

Best BBQ joints in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the best by any means, but for a chain, Rudy's is pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      no it really isn't
      I think it is but I only get the ribs and split them with my dogs.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

So much garbage in here. Lmao.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
          18th & vine for good Kansas BBQ and post oak smokehouse in las colinas for the Tx counterpart.

Hard eight is garbage n so is every other big chain
          Slow bone is sloppy n has lost its ways
          Lockharts oak cliff is still good just messy
          Pecan lodge BBQ is good but the sides suck
          Post Oak Smokehouse was overpriced and underwhelming when I went

Also gave me the shits something fierce

Comment

If Post Oak is the one on Royal in Irving, it's ok. Better than I expected but not amazing. I didn't experience the shits any of the times I've been. Ribs and sausage are better than the brisket imo.

Jack sold Slow Bone to Eatzi's. I've only been once since the sale, but it was within a week or so of the sale, and there was no noticeable difference. Sucks to hear they let it go.

I've been to Lockhart twice and both experiences were very forgettable.

1050 Sucks out loud. Always has.

Hard 8 has always struggled with consistency. I've been when it was great, but I've beenwhen it was terrible. And terrible outweighs great like 3:1 in terms of frequency, so I quit giving them chances. It's a shame too, that smoked pork chop is fucking glorious when it's good.

Pecan Lodge is still suffering some growing pains imo.

Franklin's is great if you can tolerate the wait, but I think it's overhyped.

Danny - Come on now.... You've got to be the only person in texas that has ever had a bad experience at Snow's.

I have yet to hit Cattleack but TM puts them at #3. These people came out of nowhere a couple years ago. I've heard nothing but raving reviews from people that know food. I do know their briskets are Akaushi beef, so they start with about the best quality beef you can reasonably get. I need to make it a priority, but I hear their wait went from 45mins to 3 hours when the TM list came out.

I've also heard good things about Meat U Anywhere. I've only been for breakfast though, and their brisket tacos are smoky, greasy greatness.

Heim is good, but best BBQ north of Austin? Nope.

Smitty's, Black's, and Kreuz's are legendary in the Texas BBQ scene, and because of that, they'll always have a place in BBQ lore. But we are in somewhat of a BBQ Golden Era. Newcomers have turned the game on its head and it is forcing places to adapt or die.

Comment

Pffft, what do you know about restaurants anyway?

I keed. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I realize it isn't in TX, but the guy is from Lockhart. If any of yall are ever in the Ruidoso, NM area go over to Cloudcroft and check out Mad Jack's Mountain Top BBQ. It is some of the best I've had. He comes back to lockhart every 6-8 weeks and picks up post oak and Kreuz Sausage.

Last edited by GrayStangGT; 05-31-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Pffft, what do you know about restaurants anyway?
                  Not a damn thing!

On another note, I'm at the former My Fit Foods commissary today. I wonder if Mr. Mendias left any cocaine behind for me...

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Not a damn thing!

On another note, I'm at the former My Fit Foods commissary today. I wonder if Mr. Mendias left any cocaine behind for me...
                    You know, I always used to open random drawers at the Mi Cocina office, when I was there, hoping I'd find Mico's stash!

Comment

Danny - Come on now.... You've got to be the only person in texas that has ever had a bad experience at Snow's.
                      Well... I know of at least six, because there were six of us that wanted "Texas Monthly's Best BBQ" enough to get in a car and head down there.

I get it, by its nature BBQ is inconsistent. If I happen to be in Lexington on a Saturday I might give Snow's another shot. But I'm sure as hell not making that drive again for BBQ I didn't like. I've never had a bad experience at Black's or Mueller's so that's where I'll go.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

i'll tell ya right now, Big Daddy's BBQ in Lavon isn't on that list, but I would put it up against a few that are.

Comment

i'll tell ya right now, Big Daddy's BBQ in Lavon isn't on that list, but I would put it up against a few that are.
                          I need to go in there and try it. I've passed it a million times and never stop. I had it catered at some function one time and I remember it being ok, But i need to give it a shot in the restaurant.
                          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                          sigpic

Comment

hell i have to lock the gate when i cook . damn fitzwell climbs over .

Comment

Oh I've got some issues with the list too. People not on there that should be, and people on there that have no business being on there. There is a lot of politicking that goes on with these lists.

If I'm not mistaken, the joint Robert's cousin bought made the list.

Comment

Jack sold Slow Bone to Eatzi's. I've only been once since the sale, but it was within a week or so of the sale, and there was no noticeable difference. Sucks to hear they let it go.
                                Damn, that does suck! I didn't know that he sold it, but man they had some real nice Q and sides were fucking awesome.

What about M&M, do they still own that place?
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X