Best BBQ joints in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Damn, that does suck! I didn't know that he sold it, but man they had some real nice Q and sides were fucking awesome.

What about M&M, do they still own that place?
    Ya he still owns it and I've seen him there the past two times I've stopped by.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Maaan, I think that dude is in Uptown on Routh street on Fri-&Sat nights, right around the corner from Kung Fu/Concrete Cowboy. I was at the BBC and stumbled across the street and had a great chopped brisket sammich. Of course when you've been drinking everything is good.
      Yeah that was the case for me also LOL
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        i'll tell ya right now, Big Daddy's BBQ in Lavon isn't on that list, but I would put it up against a few that are.
        It's been years since I've had it but it was horrible when I did. I don't just mean on par with springcreek...i mean on par with the pre cooked and packaged shit you buy at the grocery store and heat up in the microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I've been to Lockhart twice and both experiences were very forgettable.

I have yet to hit Cattleack but TM puts them at #3. These people came out of nowhere a couple years ago. I've heard nothing but raving reviews from people that know food. I do know their briskets are Akaushi beef, so they start with about the best quality beef you can reasonably get. I need to make it a priority, but I hear their wait went from 45mins to 3 hours when the TM list came out.
          Which Lockharts have you tried? I've heard mixed reviews about the one in Bishop arts, but the one in Plano is excellent IMO.

Cattleacks isn't worth the wait or hype. Brisket was dry, and the beef rib was way overcooked. Ribs were ok.
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            It's been years since I've had it but it was horrible when I did. I don't just mean on par with springcreek...i mean on par with the pre cooked and packaged shit you buy at the grocery store and heat up in the microwave.
            I've eaten there 50+ times in the last 4 years, and never even had a mediocre experience. It's always top notch, the hand cut fries and fried okra are awesome. The jalapeno pinto beans rock too. Every meat I've tried there is just good bbq.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              I've eaten there 50+ times in the last 4 years, and never even had a mediocre experience. It's always top notch, the hand cut fries and fried okra are awesome. The jalapeno pinto beans rock too. Every meat I've tried there is just good bbq.
              It's been probably 8 or 9 years for me so they may be better....and I generally don't care much for sides when I go to a bbq place so that wouldn't really improve my impression.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Oh I've got some issues with the list too. People not on there that should be, and people on there that have no business being on there. There is a lot of politicking that goes on with these lists.

If I'm not mistaken, the joint Robert's cousin bought made the list.
                The writer that does the list is Daniel Vaughn aka the TXBBQsnob https://twitter.com/bbqsnob?lang=en

He leaves a business card, takes selfies and checks in when he's doing reviews. The first time he visits a place it probably is pretty impartial but if someone has any kind of social media presence at all they know he's there and can make sure he gets their best offerings. Assuming they don't already know him in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  Which Lockharts have you tried? I've heard mixed reviews about the one in Bishop arts, but the one in Plano is excellent IMO.

Cattleacks isn't worth the wait or hype. Brisket was dry, and the beef rib was way overcooked. Ribs were ok.
                  Plano and Bishop Arts.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hutchins, meshaks in garland, for a chain place spring creek is consistently good.,lockharts in plano has great briskets. Saltlicks is good but I think I have had better. Ten50 jalapeño sausage is really good, but that's it.
                    Still need to try some of these other places.
                    1995 Cobra #404
                    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Winners BBQ in Plano off of 14th street is pretty good we go there for lunch.

Comment

I was talking to a chick that works at Lockhart in Plano and I was telling her about Hutchins and she recommended Winners BBQ in east Plano. Jose and I might have to put it on the list.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Definitely worth checking out, everyone i have taken there like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell-Bent SS View Post
                            Winners BBQ in Plano off of 14th street is pretty good we go there for lunch.
                            Yeah, my coworker's been trying to get me to go up there. Winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
                              Yeah, my coworker's been trying to get me to go up there. Winners.
                              that place was horrible when I went there last year. poorly kept up, unattentive staff, what tasted like day old BBQ reheated, etc.

Obviously it's someone who was a decent backyard cook, who everyone convinced should open a BBQ joint, but knows nothing about restaurants or customer service.

Comment

Woody Creek BBQ in Springtown is outstanding if you ever find yourself out that way. They do have a location in Fort Worth as well, but I've never been to that one. I know that the family still runs the one in Springtown.
                                70' Chevelle RagTop
                                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                                X