No announcement yet.

89 5.0 ( 306ci ) surging , dieing, backfiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set of BBK Longtube Headers with a Mac Pro Chamber im playing with the idea of installing myself. I picked up Percys Header Gaskets. I heard those are the best you can get

What Bolts to use?
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

They are very good I believe they are the soft aluminum type like diabolic is talking about.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        I have a set of BBK Longtube Headers with a Mac Pro Chamber im playing with the idea of installing myself. I picked up Percys Header Gaskets. I heard those are the best you can get

What Bolts to use?
        Dealing with full size header bolts on longtubes is a mother fucker. I loved the ARP bolts with the 8mm heads, easy to slide a ratcheting wrench and tighten all of them up in a breeze.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Dealing with full size header bolts on longtubes is a mother fucker. I loved the ARP bolts with the 8mm heads, easy to slide a ratcheting wrench and tighten all of them up in a breeze.
          Will be taking your advice on this. Thanks
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

spray copper silicone on the sides of that gasket too
            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedNBlack84Hatch View Post
              TENGRAM - Have not checked any codes, all the emission stuff (smog pump and all the harness things to go with it as well as the egr having no vac to it) were taken off years ago. So there will be all the codes for emissions.
              That's okay, the other codes should point you in the right direction.

Comment

Holley adjustable fuel regulator was busted , all that was wrong... was shooting fuel threw the screw adjustment and vaccum was pulling it into the intake , new regulator cars pretty much bitching now timing advanced to 22 ... just have a problem with rpms hanging a slight little bit on shifts and rolling in neutral to a stop, possible tps bad? Heard it could just be a 5.0 efi thing as well
                1984 Mustang GT ( T-Tops ) "Beware of the 4-eyes" Sold - 2011
                www.angelfire.com/tx5/bombsquadracing
                1989 Gt Vert ( 306 )

Comment

Working...
                X