72 buick Riviara 455, or LS swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    I think now days that when people say they want to do an LS1 swap they really mean LS based motor. I don't know anyone with a true LS1 motor
    We all have either LQ4, LQ9, LY6 ( all 6L LS based motors) and a couple people have 5.3's ( I can't remember what they code is)

Hell even several people I know with factory LS1 cars now run LQ9's
    LY6 and L33 are two other engine codes to search for.. and it should be noted that usually you just get a good motor and throw it in without doing a "rebuild" on it.. the truck motors will run forever
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Yep. Not everything needs something LS based with 17 and 1/2 turbos and horsepower in the 1,000 plus range. Rebuild the 455 with a torquey cam and maybe cylinder head improvement if budget allows. Then enjoy it, without trying to be the fastest thing on the road.
      I'm not trying to be the baddest bad ass on the road. I just want a little more than the power it came with, but not to spend a fortune on a nearly extinct engine. Say I rebuild the 455, and something happens to it again. Who's to say I can find the parts needed to rebuild it later?
      I also like the ease and drive-ability of a modern fuel injected motor. If I could build a 455 with the mileage, power, and reliability of a turbo ls for the same price I would.

Comment

Working...
      X