Are 07 GT500's worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Damn! I'm not sure I could ever sell that car if I were in your shoes. That would be a damn tough decision. Of course it could provide about 4 college educations if you decide to go that direction.

What year was that?
    1977, ehh growing up with the race car junk you learn not to get attached to cars, merely tools for a job. Had he sold it 4 years ago when they got stupid, he could have bought it back a year ago for a third of what they were bringing. Like i said, we spoke about a number that they would have to get to and somebody else could own it, not sure if they will get to that number any time soon.
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
      It's going to be sitting at my permanent duy station wherever that may be. Not going to be going to the track, especially if there isn't one within a reasonable distance. Basically just a dd, looking to get around 700@wheels.

And if it really matters, money isn't really a big deal. I'm thinking if I go shelby, the motor is going to be pulled and redone anyways.
      Do you have some kind of suplemental income? Are you going in as an E-2/E-3? Living in the barracks you aren't making a ton of money I know guys (LCPLs and PFCs) that bought REALLY nice cars (Vetts high end BMWs ect) as soon as they got to their first duty station to basically sit and look at them because they couldn't afford to drive them after payments and insurance.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
        Do you have some kind of suplemental income? Are you going in as an E-2/E-3? Living in the barracks you aren't making a ton of money I know guys (LCPLs and PFCs) that bought REALLY nice cars (Vetts high end BMWs ect) as soon as they got to their first duty station to basically sit and look at them because they couldn't afford to drive them after payments and insurance.
        E2. I do have supplemental income that will come in, not much however. Will be putting $15,000 down.

Edit: yeah, the pay is shit. Like $1700, minus $100/mth for gi bill, taxes etc. Maybe $1500 if I am lucky.
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Better than I made lol :P

I was under 1000 a month till I got promoted to PFC.
          2004 Suzuki DL650
          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            I used to really be into the early Mustangs (mainly 428/429 CJ stuff). The earlier cars are definitely preferred by the true Shelby "purist" because of what you outlined. I think around the summer/fall of '67, Ford was pretty much building them. $100k-$150k is not uncommon for the early (pre-'67) cars. I passed up several when they were $10k-$12k in the early '80's.
            when i was in jr high (about 78/79) i remember seeing a cobra (cant remember if it was 289 or 427 car or if it even said) advertised in the classifieds of the daily oklahoman for 18k. That has always stuck with me. Also when i was a freshman in college (85) went with a buddy and looked at a 69 mach one with a 351 windsor (just for shits and giggles as we were broke as a two dick dog, dont even know how we came up with gas money to go look at it). Looked like it just rolled off the show room floor. If believe he wanted 5500 for it. The kicker was it had some hurst mags on it that as i later came to find out were worth more than the car itself....

for some reason that deal hurts me more than the cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
              Equal drivers in weather like right now, a gt500 will beat a 5.0 stock vs stock
              I was comparing the mt-82 and tr-6060
              Pulley swap + bolt ons make "big power" vs what a gt can do w/o the help of FI
              Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it

Saying all that I really want a base '13 GT as my next car.

My 5.0 makes big power w/o a F1 (Didnt spend much making it that way)
              my auto is sick!

Gt-500 owners will need a whipple or kennebell to get my level (Not talking about 11-12 car)

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                That's a good question. I've been on the fence lately between buying a low mileage 1993 cobra or a gt500. I'm leaning more towards the 93 because their value is stable and should go up. Where the GT500 will only go down in value for years to come. The only problem I have is finding a 93 cobra. I've been close twice and both times the sellers flaked out hours before the deal was suppose to go down.

Man I dont know what your price range is but I have a friend who has an immactulate Vibrant Red 93' Cobra. This is a borderline race car/street car. it still has power steering, a/c, full interior, etc etc....but the only exterior parts are a Harwood 2 1/2" hood and Pro-Stars. I cant beging to tell you the amount of money he has in it, but it's a Dart Iron Eagle 331 w/a single turbo putting down 847 rwhp. He had it repainted a few years ago, inside and out, I wanna say it cost him around $4000. He's also put a new drivers seat and carpet inside. Even the roll cage was painted to match the silver colored leather seats. The car is also a 6-speed. This guys anal about the looks and build/wiring etc of his car. You wouldnt be disappointed....I wanna say he's asking in the neighborhood of 18k for it. Just some info if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                X