No announcement yet.

1990 Coupe - 'budget' turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like I said, my buddy's drag truck is all v-band on the cold side. solid motor mounts and slotted intercooler mounts so that it can move slightly

120+psi boost no problems. v-bands come apart pretty quick
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Thanks Tom! - There will be plenty of updates coming up. I'm finally 100% on my projects after this past weekend.

Noclassic, the paint is the 1500* VHT paint, it works GREAT when prepped well and put on clean parts.

Well, there's more than one reason for the silicone - Like Forrest mentioned, this stuff moves around a LOT, and since I already had all of the silicone, I used that stuff. it's not so critical to when you take something apart and put it back together, it doesn't have to have perfect alignment to get it back together.

I have plenty of Vbands to do the whole thing, but for this car/project etc - this kit simply isn't worth putting 50$/joint Vbands on it. Now, if it were custom headers, maybe a motor plate, and air/water - it would have been Vbanded at the least.

Comment

Ok, the drivers side of the split exhaust is done - along with the wastegate dump tube. The only thing left right now is the passenger side of the split. It usually requires and additional vband assembly to make it removable (because of the starter). Right now, there won't be any exhaust on it for dyno and time purposes. After I dyno it next week, I'll take it back apart for the winter while I put the cage in, do the finishing touches on the car and finish-prepare it for next season.

First pic shows the drivers side exhaust routing. (looking from above the distributor down towards lower radiator hose) This is a CLOSE fit.

Next, same side - but looking from the ground facing up.

Wastegate dump tube welded and ready for action.

Above view showing dump tube exit and one side of the downpipe.

Same thing, above view. looking between wastegate and steering knuckle - you can see the dump tube and downpipe routing.

Comment

Nice starter solenoid mount.

Comment

Mr. Adel Wiggins can suck my dick.
            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by grape View Post
              mr. Adel wiggins can suck my dick.
              wtf?

Edit....
              What do you have against those "clamps"?
              Last edited by Darren M; 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM. Reason: Clarity
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                wtf?

Edit....
                What do you have against those "clamps"?
                He's a bitter young buck, it could be anything.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                  He's a bitter young buck, it could be anything.
                  Sparky hates everyone, that's mostly it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    The exposed parts, like the aprons, will get new sheetmetal put in place that is a bit more visually appealing. The bad spots will get touched up and most likely next season it will get painted nice.

I don't want to wind up like my red car did and get too many things going at one time. right now, I want it functional - and the permanent parts of the build are going to be done 100%, it's just paint and the likes that i'm holding out on for now.
                    ahh grasshopper you walk on rice paper
                    and I am with grape, wiggins suck. on larger tubes if they are not perfectly round they are a bitch to install. plus having to carry shit load of extra orings.
                    Last edited by slowbrick2; 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM. Reason: add text
                    2009 Mustang GT
                    1972 Country Squire

Comment

• Originally posted by slowbrick2 View Post
                      ahh grasshopper you walk on rice paper
                      ah yes.. When are you coming over to check it out?

Comment

• I will call ya. have a wedding today.
                        2009 Mustang GT
                        1972 Country Squire

Comment

• The past few days have been busy - but I'm finally off work for the whole next week and it's time to work on my car and only my car.

Progress for the past few days is as follows -

Got the turbo kit buttoned up - passenger side downpipe is done. (Following photos only show it tacked though)

Here it is on the car - still need to reroute fuel lines and trans cooler lines.

Here it is off the car, ready for welding.

Got the axle tubes welded up. Starting tomorrow, i'll probably start assembly. Still have to cut tube ends first though.

Carb just about complete for blow through now. Waiting on some hardware for the front BRPV. (I machine the BRPV's from billet, sorry - no pics)

..and last but not least, my wreck of a work table/BRPV test stand.

I hope by Tuesday or wednesday I'll have the car on the ground and ready for a test drive/dyno.

Comment

• I need to come take a look on Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I have EXCLUSIVE photos of said billet valves and will sell to a serious buyer

Those things are BAD ASS Brooks.............you never cease to amaze me.

Comment

• I'm off all week Keith, any time.

Rick, Thanks.. and watch out, i'll 'tune' your car up real good!

Comment

Working...
                                X