Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome work, car sounds insane.

Comment

• Shit, I'm sorry guys - I didn't intentionally leave the dyno numbers out of the post. I just forgot.

I don't think I explained much, but it was leaning out - and leaning out pretty good at that. Near redline it would just drop down to 14:1 in nearly a few hundred RPM. Anyways, one of the people there told me it was spewing fuel vapor out of the power valve vent holes - which explains the wierd spike in AFR.

There were two problems - the power valve restrictor holes were too small, it was a bit more lean through the range with the given jetting, than I'd like to see.

Second, the PV appeared to be blowing closed and leaning out - the spike at the top of the RPM range.

I jetted it up just so I could make another pull and not pop the motor - on the spring it made 741 on 21 psi (Remember, this is an 82MM). I put 10psi on the gate and it made 749@28psi - it spun BAD on the rollers.

I never got what I'd call a FULL tune on it, but this turbo put out 920 RWHP before..

I'll take it back sooner or later, I have to revisit the power valve situation first. I'm trying some 'new' stuff as opposed to what I had before.

Comment

• Damn man! You got that car together fast. Lmk when your ready to tune/dyno a car with half that power. Lol.

Cant wait to see it out next season!
        One day at a time.

Comment

• Hell just last week the hotside wasn't even finished. Apparently I need to speed up my work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Amazing work Brooks!!

Comment

• Bad ass bro! If you don't mind me asking what did this cost you?
              Street car.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                Bad ass bro! If you don't mind me asking what did this cost you?
                Its his ballla on a budget kit

Comment

• Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                  Its his ballla on a budget kit
                  Looks like that to me! Cheapest turbo kit I've seen is 3500, pony down performance has some nice ass kits too
                  Street car.

Comment

• Sounds healthy,
                    Which Dyno you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by robert View Post
                      Sounds healthy,
                      Which Dyno you use?
                      All of Brooks' built and or tuned cars spin the rollers on Daniel's dyno at Simple Quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drs2288 View Post
                        Bad ass bro! If you don't mind me asking what did this cost you?
                        I honestly don't have a solid answer for that. I suspect that there's something like 1500$ or so in parts, outside of the turbo. Maaaaaybe a little less. That price will go up some when I get exhaust for it, to at least get it back to the rear end.

It's budget because of the flipped shorties, hand made Vbands, and some of the tubing is not as 'quality' as I'd like to use - they get 'football' shaped in the bend areas. Most of which you'd never see unless I told you where the problem areas were.

It's going back on the rollers today to see if I can get the AFR back like it should be, and fix that damn oil drain leak.

Comment

• What are you doing for a boost controller? Also are you using ebay knock offs for W/G's and BOV's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            What are you doing for a boost controller? Also are you using ebay knock offs for W/G's and BOV's?
                            The boost controller, right now - is a shop air regulator hooked to an air hose.

The gate is a 60MM knockoff, the BOV is the real thing - Tial.

More pics later today..

Comment

• Sweet man! Im digging the budget aspect. I may start picking up parts off Ebay for any projects down the road.

Comment

• uh-hum...I think you owe us an update with today's progress.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X