Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with excercising teens dying suddenly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with excercising teens dying suddenly??

Earlier in the year, one dies just after a game:
    A western Michigan high school basketball player collapsed on the court and later died after making the game-winning shot to finish off his team's perfect season.

Then during a game:
    A South Texas high school basketball player died after collapsing during a timeout at a tournament in Austin, coaches said.

Now one keels over on a treadmill:
    A Connecticut community is mourning the sudden death of a high school freshman who collapsed Friday while running on a hotel treadmill, MyFoxBoston reports.

What the heck???
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

I don't know but I'm not taking any chances, I have stopped exercising!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

It's from all the additives in food.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
        I don't know but I'm not taking any chances, I have stopped exercising!
        lol
        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Rap music.

Comment

Blunt force trauma from running into the ground!
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

They're probably stuffing their bodies full of supplements that are meant for fully developed adults. Over excercising and probably don't have the most healthy diet. Fucking up their hearts over time.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Well, since most of the kids today have ADD / ADHD and are given speed to treat it, I'm not really surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  They're probably stuffing their bodies full of supplements that are meant for fully developed adults. Over excercising and probably don't have the most healthy diet. Fucking up their hearts over time.
                  consumer reports showed that most supplements out in the market contain toxins that can hurt you over time. Since the FDA doesnt rule over these, there is nothing to stop them from changing it.

Comment

The gallons of energy drinks?

I'm not knocking RedBull, because I drink many many redbull and vodka's on the weekend, but I also dont go to football practice after drinking one.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      Well, since most of the kids today have ADD / ADHD and are given speed to treat it, I'm not really surprised.
                      This is a really good point. It's like "Really? Kids get easily distracted? No shit! They're kids." Their minds are absorbing shit at a rate that adults can't comprehend. It doesn't mean that something is wrong with them.

Comment

People guzzle those damn energy drinks like water. I have no idea if they are bad for you but I'm not going to find out. I thought I was bad because I drink two cups of coffee in the morning.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustangLove View Post
                          consumer reports showed that most supplements out in the market contain toxins that can hurt you over time. Since the FDA doesnt rule over these, there is nothing to stop them from changing it.
                          It doesn't surprise me. I won't take anything more than protein and the very occasional pre-workout supplement, but haven't taken one of those in months. Back when I was in highschool which wasn't very long ago all the kids used was elbow grease and old fashioned steroids. This was about 2 years before schools started random drug testing. I never got my hands on any, but we had 16-17 year old kids benching 450+lbs and squatting 600+lbs. I felt like a bitch lifting a measly 255lbs, which still wasn't bad for a receiver.

The year after I graduated one of the kids that was a senior that year had liver failure though. Dipshits.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            People guzzle those damn energy drinks like water. I have no idea if they are bad for you but I'm not going to find out. I thought I was bad because I drink two cups of coffee in the morning.
                            x2
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                              Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              This is a really good point. It's like "Really? Kids get easily distracted? No shit! They're kids." Their minds are absorbing shit at a rate that adults can't comprehend. It doesn't mean that something is wrong with them.
                              No doubt, right? I remember having 2 recesses as a kid AND P.E. They've removed all that now, haven't they? They're KIDS! They need to burn off the energy or they will go bonkers in the classroom.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I had a coworker I named "The hummingbird". She had a dorm fridge in her office that was stuffed full of Red Bull/Monster, etc. She always came in from the shop, slam one of the drinks and dart back out to the shop several times a day. Chattered like an excited chipmunk, too.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X