No announcement yet.

Rangers 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been looking into the payroll for this year, and next year. This year was $152 Mil when you add up active contracts, dead money, and desabled list.

2016 is now at $126. That's before arbitration. You have to figure Moreland, Deshields, Diekmam, and some others are going to get more. Let's say another 5-7 mil.

Now we're at $135. The highest the payroll that I can look back to is in 2013 with $161.

Free Agents and last years salary
    Lewis - 4 million
    Gallardo - 10 million
    Napoli - 1.5

Guys going into 2016 in a contract year
    Beltre - 18 million
    Moreland - was 2.9, have to figure it will go up after arbration
    Holland - 10 Million. Team has a option for him for 2017.

So let's say, and I could be wrong with the numbers. Not entirely familiar with MLB salaries. If we have 10 million to play with. Maybe even 11-14? Who do we get. That's assuming we resign Napoli and Lewis or Gallardo if Gallardo is willing to take a home discount.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      If Blue Jays win the world series, any chance of a 30 for 30 on the 7th inning?
      Probably going to be a 30 for 30 anyway. That was some weird shit....

Comment

• Rangers need Gallardo pretty bad. We need pitchers that can deliver, make all of their starts, and handle the pressure of the heat and pitching in this ballpark. Gallardo proved he is top shelf in all of these respects. If the Rangers had another Gallardo type to go with Hamels, they would be in a great position.

I'm going to differ on Daniels and Bannister being so great. The great unsung hero has to be the minor league coaches that fixed Odor, and DeShields gives a lot of credit to his dad (probably right no too). Fielder had a great comeback year right up until August... Moreland delivered as expected since he finally got a lot of game time (still over 100 ABs less than Fielder). Hamilton is done.

Moving forward the questions are:

1) Need one more starter.
        2) How is Darvish, and can he really pitch a full season?
        3) Who is our long term shortstop. We need a shortstop that can hit. Can Profar get healthy and play SS?
        4) Long term catcher? Will it be Chirinos? For real? Will it be Wilson or Gimenez? Why can't these guys hit or call decent games? Wilson calls a good game but it is the worst hitter of the bunch. Chirinos has the best arm to keep runners honest.
        5) Can the Rangers keep Moreland....
        6) Are we going to develop Drew Stubbs as our 3rd outfielder or continue pooling guys like Napoli and Hamilton who are both one slide away from retirement?
        7) How many more starts does Colby have in his arm?
        8) Since the manager doesn't trust Colby or Holland, how can we expect them to believe in themselves?
        9) Will Perez ever return to the prospect that he was before the injury?

So all in all the Rangers are in way better shape than last season. If Daniels can keep some of the key players and shore up catcher and find a SS that can hit and one more starter, the Rangers will be very hard to beat.

So for 2016 it looks like we are going to do 4 seats for 20 games..... fun times.

Comment

• Trade Moreland, pickup Upton, find another right handed quality starter. Need more right handed batters. I like Gallardo, but I don't think you can ever expect more than 5 innings from the guy.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I'd at least keep Colby if he signed a cheap deal. He did a hell of a lot better job down the stretch than Holland.

He single handedly gave Game 4 to them before the Rangers could do anything about it
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• It looks like we need a hitting coach, Magadan just resigned along with Andy Hawkins the bullpen coach.

Comment

• Yeah, saw that. I can't say Magadan was a big loss. Hawkins might be.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Make Gallardo a QO-if he accepts great...u got a pretty decent starter for one more year...if not u get a draft pick.

Explore the trade market for another big time arm...preferably Sonny Gray or Chris Sale.

Listen to all offers for Holland and Moreland or work em for the above named pitchers.

Sign another right handed bat...Napoli?

It would be nice to unload one of the 100mil contracts but i seriously doubt its possible w/o the Rangers eating large amounts of it

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky View Post
                    Make Gallardo a QO-if he accepts great...u got a pretty decent starter for one more year...if not u get a draft pick.

Explore the trade market for another big time arm...preferably Sonny Gray or Chris Sale.

Listen to all offers for Holland and Moreland or work em for the above named pitchers.

Sign another right handed bat...Napoli?

It would be nice to unload one of the 100mil contracts but i seriously doubt its possible w/o the Rangers eating large amounts of it
                    Moreland is entering his final year in 2016. Holland technically can be cut by the team after 2016.

I'd like if we could sign Cespedes for LF, but I doubt we can afford him.

If Profar was healthy and played a lot last year in minor league then I'd be okay to dumb Elvis's deal somewhere. He gets 15.2 million a year.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• It's nice to see Toronto getting their asses pounded at home again.

Comment

• Fuck those unappreciated shit crowd.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Bannister a finalist for Manager of the year..... interesting. Houston's manager also made the list.

Comment

• Gallardo declined his option. If another team signs him the Rangers would receive a draft pick.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Adios, Leonys.

SEATTLE -- The Mariners have acquired outfielder Leonys Martin from Texas as part of a four-player trade that sent right-handed reliever Tom Wilhelmsen to the Rangers.

Texas also obtained outfielder James Jones in Monday's deal, and Seattle received right-handed reliever Anthony Bass. It was the third significant trade by new Seattle general manager Jerry Dipoto.

Martin is coming off a down year with the Rangers but is excellent defensively and likely moves into the starting center-field role. Martin played in 95 games last season, missing most of August and September after breaking a bone in his right hand, but still had 13 outfield assists. Two seasons ago, Martin hit .274 in 155 games and had 11 outfield assists.

Wilhelmsen was 2-2 with a 3.19 ERA and had 13 saves after transitioning into the closer's role late in the season.

The Mariners have acquired outfielder Leonys Martin from Texas as part of a four-player trade that sent right-handed reliever Tom Wilhelmsen to the Rangers.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• I have mixed feelings on Leonys. On it's face it appears he may just be in a slump, but he also could just be a flash in the pan. He was .260 and .274 in '13 and '14. And then he nose dived to .219 in 2015, and looked really, really bad. His OBP was pretty bad, with a 1.1 WAR. No matter, he's got a damn good arm, and he would be a good player on a team that needs help in center field.

Comment

Working...
                                X