No announcement yet.

The Official DFWMustangs.net Monthly Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good times, and a good turnout. Good to meet those I hadn't met before. Those burgers were pretty damned good too.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Pleasure meeting all you guys tonight. Especially glad to meet you Bird Dog so we could make that trunklid swap. I wanted to try out the effects of that wing so I hauled ass through the curve going from 360 to I20. Made it around there at 85 with no under/oversteer...right up on an Arlington cop's butt. No idea why he didn't visit with me. Quiet ride home the rest of the way.
      Frank
      sigpic
      2011 RCM V6 (Li'l Red)
      2013 SGM GT Premium (SusieQ)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmac3 View Post
        Pleasure meeting all you guys tonight. Especially glad to meet you Bird Dog so we could make that trunklid swap. I wanted to try out the effects of that wing so I hauled ass through the curve going from 360 to I20. Made it around there at 85 with no under/oversteer...right up on an Arlington cop's butt. No idea why he didn't visit with me. Quiet ride home the rest of the way.
        Good meeting you! Thanks for stopping by our GTG
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Hopefully I'll be able to make one of these if i can find a day off work!
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmac3 View Post
            I wanted to try out the effects of that wing so I hauled ass through the curve going from 360 to I20. Made it around there at 85 with no under/oversteer...right up on an Arlington cop's butt.
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Sucks that I missed it, I'll be there on the next one. Any pics?
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

• Great to meet you guys! You too Bigmac3, rear visibility is much improved with your wing and still looks just as good to me. I tried to get a c5 vette to play tonight, but he was old, crusty, and knew he'd get spanked. Or maybe I was dreaming, not really sure since he wouldn't mash the fun pedal.

Don, that's fast work on the name swap, LOL.

If I'm in town next month I'll be there!
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Great to meet you guys! You too Bigmac3, rear visibility is much improved with your wing and still looks just as good to me. I tried to get a c5 vette to play tonight, but he was old, crusty, and knew he'd get spanked. Or maybe I was dreaming, not really sure since he wouldn't mash the fun pedal.

Don, that's fast work on the name swap, LOL.

If I'm in town next month I'll be there!
                  Lol so is there a chance I get my name back before I get stabbed by a real mexican
                  99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                  going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• Originally posted by Paco View Post
                    Lol so is there a chance I get my name back before I get stabbed by a real mexican
                    Don't do it Don!
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Don't do it Don!
                      Tell u what if not hell of a funny story on how I got the name lol
                      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• I had a great time hanging out with the folks that made it out.
                        Last edited by Algerene; 09-05-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paco View Post
                          Brady, how in the heck did you get deemed mexican? Did you get one hell of a tan?

Comment

• Glad everyone had a good time, I did for sure. IT was good to see some folks that I dont normally get to see, and some new faces as well.

I had a chat with MUB's owner that was walking in as we were leaving. There are a couple of things we discussed:
                            1. The blonde waitress literally started last night. I think she did a decent job for being thrown in the fire. The 10% discount didn't get handled properly, and we have his apology on that. The tall skinny chick is the manager, and will be our waitress. She got a bit of a brow-beat over letting the discounts get screwed up, and also for the beer thing.
                            2. They don't have a liquor license. They have a beer and wine permit. They sell beer, and you see the 8.25% tax, instead of the 14% that is built into the price if he had a liquor license. WE ARE ABLE TO TAKE BEER INTO THE PARKING LOT. As long as it is in a can, they don't care. The way they have their permit, they can sell beer to go if they wanted to. That was a misunderstanding and miscommunication.

3. Next month, they are going to rope off a section of the parking lot and reserve it just for us. The weather will be nice, so we have been encouraged to bring some folding chairs and hang out in the lot next to our cars, or hang out inside. I can tell you that MUB really does appreciate us coming there, and will bend over backwards to keep us happy.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Had a good time and I'm glad I was finally able to put faces with the names.
                              2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                              2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                WE ARE ABLE TO TAKE BEER INTO THE PARKING LOT. As long as it is in a can, they don't care. The way they have their permit, they can sell beer to go if they wanted to.
                                I thought she was BS'ing me about taking a beer to go, guess not. Good info to know for future reference.

Good time last night, finally met some people in person that I've only seen online. I will definitely try to make the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X