X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good times last night, Thanks DJ for setting it up

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Glad everyone had a good time, I did for sure. IT was good to see some folks that I dont normally get to see, and some new faces as well.

I had a chat with MUB's owner that was walking in as we were leaving. There are a couple of things we discussed:
      1. The blonde waitress literally started last night. I think she did a decent job for being thrown in the fire. The 10% discount didn't get handled properly, and we have his apology on that. The tall skinny chick is the manager, and will be our waitress. She got a bit of a brow-beat over letting the discounts get screwed up, and also for the beer thing.
      2. They don't have a liquor license. They have a beer and wine permit. They sell beer, and you see the 8.25% tax, instead of the 14% that is built into the price if he had a liquor license. WE ARE ABLE TO TAKE BEER INTO THE PARKING LOT. As long as it is in a can, they don't care. The way they have their permit, they can sell beer to go if they wanted to. That was a misunderstanding and miscommunication.

3. Next month, they are going to rope off a section of the parking lot and reserve it just for us. The weather will be nice, so we have been encouraged to bring some folding chairs and hang out in the lot next to our cars, or hang out inside. I can tell you that MUB really does appreciate us coming there, and will bend over backwards to keep us happy.

Sounds pretty good. There are always hiccups the first time. No worries. Thanks for setting all this up, DJ.

Comment

• I figured there might be some growing pains for the first event, and overall I think it went pretty smoothly. We had discussed roping off some spots for last night, but I thought it might be better to see if that was needed or not. Given the number of daily driven cars that showed, plus a few of the toys that made it, I think we can do something with parking as well.

You guys are welcome for the setup, and I appreciate all of you that came out and made it sucessful. Anything else that we can do to make it better, let me know.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I figured there might be some growing pains for the first event, and overall I think it went pretty smoothly. We had discussed roping off some spots for last night, but I thought it might be better to see if that was needed or not. Given the number of daily driven cars that showed, plus a few of the toys that made it, I think we can do something with parking as well.

You guys are welcome for the setup, and I appreciate all of you that came out and made it sucessful. Anything else that we can do to make it better, let me know.
          I thought it went quite well, I was mega stressed out yesterday so I didn't get to let loose sorry about that.

To answer the question on moving the event's around, I don't think that would work as well because of the support we have at MUB and this event is only going to get better and more refined.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Agreed, leave the location. People these days seem to forget that if they want to start a GTG they are free to do so. Back in the old days when there were 4 or 5 big ones a week, it was organized by every day posters just deciding on a place and saying "Be here at this time if you want."

That's what makes me laugh these days about people bitching about "The In Crowd." None of us knew each other at some point, we all had to wander into a GTG and start introducing ourselves to a big group of total strangers.

Comment

• I'll be at the next one, anyone going to cars and coffee this Saturday?

Comment

• How many people ended up going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  How many people ended up going?
                  I counted a few times, the most at one time was 26, but I didnt keep track of if everyone that came was still there, or if there were a few that came and went.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• do they have malt liquor?

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      do they have malt liquor?

god bless.

They have frosted mugs, but only amateurs use frosted mugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmcsean View Post
                        i'll be at the next one, anyone going to cars and coffee this saturday?
                        dfwm > c&c, lollercoaster
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• So you'll be there?

Comment

• dang it....now I'm wishing I went.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              So you'll be there?
                              I will not, my weekends are F'd in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                                So you'll be there?
                                I will be there for a little while and as soon as it gets to 90*, I'm out, lol!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X