Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for the person that should be president.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who gave up on Ron Paul?? He did not win the primary Romney did. Ron Paul is out just like Newt, Cain, Perry, ect....... They lost Romney won so here is you two choices Obama or Romney a vote for anyone besides Romney is a vote for Obama, end of subject. Rick Santorum has more delegates than Ron Paul which has only 39 more than Newt Gingrich.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
      Who gave up on Ron Paul?? He did not win the primary Romney did. Ron Paul is out just like Newt, Cain, Perry, ect....... They lost Romney won so here is you two choices Obama or Romney a vote for anyone besides Romney is a vote for Obama, end of subject. Rick Santorum has more delegates than Ron Paul which has only 39 more than Newt Gingrich.
      You're wasting your breath in this thread. Say ANYTHING negative, and you're a "hater". The fact that RP was a turn-coat to the Republican Party until he needed them, tells me a lot about the man.

Comment

Ron Paul never had a chance.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

People put too much focus on the individual rather than their political history. Romney's political history does not fall in line with what I believe points this nation in the right direction. Obama's history is limited but his actions while in office thus far also don't fall in line with what I believe to an extent. I don't believe the banks or the auto manufacturers should have been bailed out but that process was started with Bush and taken on by Obama. Don't know why Obama gets the full blame for the bailouts. The bailouts served a purpose though even if how they were wrongly implemented.

Saving the banks saved account holders money. The FDIC only covers so much so what about those that had a lot to lose if the bank(s) went under. Money, investments, or other possible losses that they would have to try and recoup through litigation. It saved jobs, bank goes under and so go the employees.

Auto bailout, saved thousands of jobs not just with the auto manufacturers but for those companies that supplied them with parts and other goods.

Ron Paul's history shows that he has warned the feds countless times about economical disasters brought on by proposed legislation. The shit he harps on about that makes him batty has never impacted his ability to make sound decisions that were in the best interest of this nation. He knows this nation needs social programs, he knows the people and states in this union need government assistance and oversight. He just doesn't believe that it needs to be as far reaching as it is today. He's more worried about the corruption at the top of the government than he is about the people fraudulently receiving welfare. Those things I agree with.

Our system is broken, Obama continues to throw money at the issues, Romney wants to take that money and throw it else where and Paul wants to decrease spending and truly balance the budget.

I had a debate yesterday with a colleague that fully supports raising the debt ceiling. I still don't understand how raising the debt ceiling will help anything. Our government is spending money that it doesn't have. California is owned by China and we lose more and more manufacturing jobs to outsourcing every day. None of the candidates including Paul have a realistic plan to fix and control government spending.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            You're wasting your breath in this thread. Say ANYTHING negative, and you're a "hater". The fact that RP was a turn-coat to the Republican Party until he needed them, tells me a lot about the man.
            I know I know, I'm a Ron Paul hater I confess. Really I don't hate him I just don't like his politics. Yes, he's a turn-coat. Take a look at his voting record and bills he has sponsored. He puts pork into bills and then votes against them knowing all along they will get passed yet he gets to claim he voted against pork. Sounds like a typical politician to me. He has been in congress for over 30 years now, can you tell me how many people in Washington respect him? Without respect you can't be an effective leader. He does not know the meaning of give and take. Yes, he has good ideas but he is a washed up has been that can no longer deliver his message effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
              People put too much focus on the individual rather than their political history. Romney's political history does not fall in line with what I believe points this nation in the right direction. Obama's history is limited but his actions while in office thus far also don't fall in line with what I believe to an extent. I don't believe the banks or the auto manufacturers should have been bailed out but that process was started with Bush and taken on by Obama. Don't know why Obama gets the full blame for the bailouts. The bailouts served a purpose though even if how they were wrongly implemented.

Saving the banks saved account holders money. The FDIC only covers so much so what about those that had a lot to lose if the bank(s) went under. Money, investments, or other possible losses that they would have to try and recoup through litigation. It saved jobs, bank goes under and so go the employees.

Auto bailout, saved thousands of jobs not just with the auto manufacturers but for those companies that supplied them with parts and other goods.

Ron Paul's history shows that he has warned the feds countless times about economical disasters brought on by proposed legislation. The shit he harps on about that makes him batty has never impacted his ability to make sound decisions that were in the best interest of this nation. He knows this nation needs social programs, he knows the people and states in this union need government assistance and oversight. He just doesn't believe that it needs to be as far reaching as it is today. He's more worried about the corruption at the top of the government than he is about the people fraudulently receiving welfare. Those things I agree with.

Our system is broken, Obama continues to throw money at the issues, Romney wants to take that money and throw it else where and Paul wants to decrease spending and truly balance the budget.

I had a debate yesterday with a colleague that fully supports raising the debt ceiling. I still don't understand how raising the debt ceiling will help anything. Our government is spending money that it doesn't have. California is owned by China and we lose more and more manufacturing jobs to outsourcing every day. None of the candidates including Paul have a realistic plan to fix and control government spending.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
              You mean, other than the unconstitutional bailouts? The 787 billion dollar stimulus that went to Obama pet projects, then the 400 billion right after that that did nothing?

The auto bailout didn't save jobs. GM is due for another crash within the next year or so. Bankruptcy would have allowed a sleeker company to come back without attaching 50 billion tax dollars to the tab. It should have gone under.

As far as Romney, have you seen his policy propositions? I love it. Open drilling everywhere and tell the states "Yeah, that federal land in your borders? You decide what to do with it."
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I remember Bush passing a stimulus too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                  Which was unconstitutional as well. Is that the best you have?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                    I thought you may have had valid points and some credibility until you said this. Now you sound like just another 0bama apologist.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Perhaps because I don't live in a battleground state I have the liberty of voting with my gut on this one. I don't like either candidate and don't believe they are good for this country. Right now I'm between writing in Mickey mouse or voting for Gary Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                        Perhaps because I don't live in a battleground state I have the liberty of voting with my gut on this one. I don't like either candidate and don't believe they are good for this country. Right now I'm between writing in Mickey mouse or voting for Gary Johnson.
                        Well a vote for either will net you the same result.

Comment

A vote for anyone other than Romney effectively equals a vote for Barry. Yes, Romney is not ideal. A split party=lost race.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                            A vote for anyone other than Romney effectively equals a vote for Barry. Yes, Romney is not ideal. A split party=lost race.
                            exactly. people need to really understand this.
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              You mean, other than the unconstitutional bailouts? The 787 billion dollar stimulus that went to Obama pet projects, then the 400 billion right after that that did nothing?

The auto bailout didn't save jobs. GM is due for another crash within the next year or so. Bankruptcy would have allowed a sleeker company to come back without attaching 50 billion tax dollars to the tab. It should have gone under.

As far as Romney, have you seen his policy propositions? I love it. Open drilling everywhere and tell the states "Yeah, that federal land in your borders? You decide what to do with it."
                              picard.jpg This post is flawed with inaccuracies, but I understand the point you think you're making.

My current view on the banking bailouts, it was necessary. Is it unfair that the people who defrauded the system got rewarded for doing so, absolutely, but without them there wouldn't be an America. We would be living a real life post-apocalyptic dystopia like the movies.
                              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                                exactly. people need to really understand this.
                                Man, I get it, but I'm sick of voting against someone. As the ultimate flip-flopper I don't know what Romney stands for. He seems like a guy I wouldn't even want coaching the company softball team let alone running the country. A slimey used car salesman from Scottsdale. I feel like a few Americans are trying to trick the rest of us into returning to the robber-baron era and Romney seems to want to be the Outsourcer in Chief of that Corprotacracy.

I feel like I want to be part of the solution, not the problem. When I'm old, if the the middle class is over and done with, I want to look back at my life and say I tried to do something, when everyone else was going with the flow I want to say I tried to change the tide.

If you want to get anything done you have to start somewhere. I think my 4th vote in a presidential election will be a write in for Paul or for Gary Johnson.

FWIW - Paul is a creationist and I think religion is asinine, Paul is staunchly pro-life, and I'm pro-choice, we don't see eye to eye on all things, but I think he's the only candidate in my lifetime that's got the important things right.
                                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                                X