Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rand Paul on a marathon speaking filibuster right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait a minute... Im not ok with that answer. That says the President cant make that decision, that doesnt say that other bodies of the government cannot.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      He's talking about the dolt that missed post 126.
      I was pretty sure, but I wanted to cover my bases. Never can be 100% positive if you're getting trolled around here or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        I was pretty sure, but I wanted to cover my bases. Never can be 100% positive if you're getting trolled around here or not.
        I only troll bcoop. You have a very guilty conscience.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I only troll bcoop. You have a very guilty conscience.
          I'm a trollin' som'bitch, so I expect to be trolled by others.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            I'm a douche, so I expect to be trolled by others.
            Fixed it for you.

Comment

• Oh, boosh!
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                Oh, boosh!
                x2, str8 booshed. I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

Originally posted by DallasSleeper
                Fixed it for you.
                Sorry you can't be bothered to read the thread. Maybe next time someone will let you know what's being posted so that you won't fuck it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Oh, boosh!
                  Boosh is right. (If you were referring to Obama and not Racr) To Obama and those pantywaist RINOs who are attacking Paul in their signature passive aggressive sissy way.

Stand With Rand

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    GOP homeboy John McCain now tearing into Rand Paul for his "stunt" yesterday.

"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids." ~John McCain

Glad to see the GOP is still as worthless as it was before yesterday.
                    Did you hear what his BFF did?

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Thursday he would vote for CIA director nominee John Brennan because Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) filibustered his appointment over questions about the administration's drone program.

"I was going to vote against him until the filibuster, so he picked up one vote," Graham said, laughing to reporters in the Capitol.

"I thought Brennan was arrogant, a bit shifty," he said, but added that he was going to vote for Brennan because the vote had become a "referendum on the drone program."

"Where were all these people during the Bush administration? I never remember anybody accusing President [George W.] Bush of 'We're going to kill someone in a cafe,'" Graham said. (Paul, of course, was not in office during the Bush administration.)

Graham's reversal is notable since he had previously threatened to delay the nomination over the administration's account of the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi. On Thursday, Graham said he had gotten what he wanted.

Graham qualified that he had "no problem" with Paul trying to get answers on whether the president has the authority to kill an American citizen inside the United States.

Paul held an old-fashioned talking filibuster that lasted almost 13 hours over Brennan's nomination. He objected to a letter he received from Attorney General Eric Holder in which the administration refused to rule out the option of killing an American citizen on U.S. soil.
                    Those two guys McCain/Graham, in particular, to me are just scoundrels. I respect McCain as a veteran, but as a senator the time has come when he needs to be put out to pasture or taken to the glue factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                      Did you hear what his BFF did?

Those two guys McCain/Graham, in particular, to me are just scoundrels. I respect McCain as a veteran, but as a senator the time has come when he needs to be put out to pasture or taken to the glue factory.
                      x10 Those old old men need to step down. They no longer represent what the people want, instead what the old establishment wants. That is a crying shame that Rand and other did a patriotic thing and is now being blacklisted by the old establishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                        You just summed up the email I sent to him earlier today

Comment

GOP homeboy John McCain now tearing into Rand Paul for his "stunt" yesterday.

"If Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids." ~John McCain

Glad to see the GOP is still as worthless as it was before yesterday.
                          I wish McCain would attack the libs as much as much as he attacks his own party.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              I wish McCain would attack the libs as much as much as he attacks his own party.
                              He's the old guard defending outdated moral conservatism and promoting the same governmental waste and growth that the GOP initiates when they have the power.

If the GOP is headed in the direction of Paul, Amash, and Cruz (not huge fans of any of them, but they're a marked improvement), then there's hope. But reading the comments on here, I don't think that's the case. Most of the time (this thread being an exception), this forum sounds a lot like the liner notes from a McCain/McConnell circle jerk.

Comment

If the GOP is headed in the direction of Paul, Amash, and Cruz (not huge fans of any of them, but they're a marked improvement), then there's hope.
                                Yep. Several years ago, in Canada, I made the comment that Obama would win the second term and the GOP deserved to lose the 2008 election, and I was chastized for it. After the most recent election, I was chastized for saying "I told you so."

The GOP deserved to lose the last election, and they WILL continue to lose by a larger margin each year until they get some of these old, crotchety, out of touch assholes out of office. There is a way to be moral without shoving religion down people's throats. It's time to give the abortion shit a rest. It's time to give gay marriage a rest. We've got bigger fish to fry. It's time to actually show that they are for smaller government, rather than just talk about it. This drone shit is a perfect example. There were what, 4 other senators that stood with Cruz? Where the fuck was the rest of the GOP? Vote their sorry asses out. Even Jon fucking Stewart conceded that Paul was 100% dead on with his concerns.

It absolutely sickens me.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X