Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rand Paul on a marathon speaking filibuster right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Why would you be shocked?
    You're all about the wisdom and experience of the older generations, usually.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
      Exactly what I am saying. Ryan, Rubio and possibly Jindal are all being primed for it, but they didn't want to put any of them up there because they'd get what Romney got or worse.
      Ryan is full of shit and Jindal and Rubio flirt the line between sincerity and the party line a la Ryan/Romney. Ryan isn't a real candidate, and Jindal and Rubio are going to have to cut through a lot of party bullshit to be considered for it. Neither of them has really been exposed to the public yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        You're all about the wisdom and experience of the older generations, usually.
        Not really. Just mine. McCain was all there was in 2004. I voted for Ted Cruz, sent money to Rubio, and though I did not like Ron Paul, have always supported Rand. I still think Paul Ryan will be a player, but not for POTUS.

Comment

• McCain has finally completed the long process of turning me against him. It started when he ran against GWB and was accelerated when he got the nomination. After his remarks against Rand, I'm totally done with him. The man is a hero but he's lost it. Arizona needs to kick him to the curb.

Comment

• I disagree. I don't think he's a hero. Heroes are dead. He went through shit but he's been doing enough against the constitution that it's being outweighed by the bad. He needs to go, I think it's his last term in fact. Him and his boyfriend Lindsey Graham.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              McCain has finally completed the long process of turning me against him. It started when he ran against GWB and was accelerated when he got the nomination. After his remarks against Rand, I'm totally done with him. The man is a hero but he's lost it. Arizona needs to kick him to the curb.
              Yeah. I think McCain's Viet Nam experiences really molded him to be a tad soft, i.e. the water boarding debate at Gitmo. The USA water boarded a couple of assholes (one which gave up pertinent info on OBL that led to his demise) and I remember McCain being against it. McCain has never been a staunch conservative in any form or fashion, and frankly, the campaign he ran against Barry was milquetoast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Ryan is full of shit and Jindal and Rubio flirt the line between sincerity and the party line a la Ryan/Romney. Ryan isn't a real candidate, and Jindal and Rubio are going to have to cut through a lot of party bullshit to be considered for it. Neither of them has really been exposed to the public yet.
                That's why they kept them back and waited for a later election. Ya, This would have taken them into Office (should they have run) as fast as Obama, but ANY Dem was set to win in 2008. That's why they gave him the nod over Hillary. Younger and further left; not to mention an easy way to pull the race card on any opposition to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  That's why they kept them back and waited for a later election. Ya, This would have taken them into Office (should they have run) as fast as Obama, but ANY Dem was set to win in 2008. That's why they gave him the nod over Hillary. Younger and further left; not to mention an easy way to pull the race card on any opposition to him.
                  So you believe this was a setup for failure to get full GOP House/Senate/WH in 2016?

Comment

• I just discovered Ted Cruz is not an American (Born in Canada) so my hopes for him will be limited to the Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                      I just discovered Ted Cruz is not an American (Born in Canada) so my hopes for him will be limited to the Senate.
                      Yeah. He (and his family) got to Texas in a really round-about way...thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        So you believe this was a setup for failure to get full GOP House/Senate/WH in 2016?
                        More or less. At least get the masses so pissed at the Dems by 2016, they'll go for any Rep at that point (just like after Dubya's second term).

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                          I just discovered Ted Cruz is not an American (Born in Canada) so my hopes for him will be limited to the Senate.
                          It didn't stop Obama

Just saying
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            It didn't stop Obama

Just saying
                            But Obama is under the Entitlement program, you know preferential treatment and all

Comment

Working...
                            X