Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
    Except they are not, separation of church and state does not allow Sharia law, which is rule BY church.

Stevo
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    No, our Constitution disagrees with Sharia law. As a matter of fact, our bill of rights stands in stark opposition

Exactly. So what's the big deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Exactly. So what's the big deal?

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Oh, I see. We should cease be an enlightened culture and live like the animals, that's your solution? Good call!

I don't think it would be possible for my last post to be any more clear, unless you want to continue with semantics.
        Ok but you do understand that the very religion these people follow, demands that they change our way of life into a dictatorship, right? You do understand that right? Do you like dictatorships? I don't. So I'd rather not have one. And you're right, now the muslims are less than 1% of the population. Now. Can you say the same for 50 years down the road? Or even 30? You think their religion is going to change just because now they get to use toilet paper and women can show their face in public? I get it now. You think that their religion is something that they will just sort of blow off in time, cause you're an atheist. You think that yeah they'll sort of still follow it, but maybe they'll just decide to omit the parts that we don't like. Very naive.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        The solution most of the people in this thread present is we should get rid of all the muslims in the US who have fled the exact type of thing we are decrying. Does that sound... reasonable, or intelligent?
        Reasonable, no not really. They'd probly find it damn unreasonable. Intelligent? Seeing as how they religion that they... religiously follow demands that they change our way of life and kill those who resist... yeah I'd have to say that yes it is in fact the intelligent thing to do.

In return, those same people then point to the muslim nations that ARE doing this to Christians and say that they are evil, and again use it as another excuse to exterminate them.

And for some reason, you think they'll stop just because they're here. Care to explain why?

If you can't see this ridiculous double standard that is being used to justify genocide, then there isn't much more I can do to point it out to you.
        Umm, why is it that all you bleeding hearts jump to genocide every chance you get? Some people think its genocide when GM lays off a bunch of workers. How does "get out you're not welcome here" mean "die, all of you, just die!"? So when a landlord evicts a tenant, he's trying to kill him? lol

Comment

• That is a whole lot of words being put into my mouth. Not going to spend 45 minutes dissecting that garbage.

Comment

• I don't care about Muslims. Where's that option? No religion, foreign or domestic impresses me enough to convert. I don't care if they're in power here, there, or anywhere. My conscience is the only one I have to satisfy, and if I were to convert to anything based on any pressure outside myself, I'd feel guilty, so I won't do it, even if I'm killed for it.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm an atheist. Does this mean I should be killed like the muslims?
              According to Islam you have to convert, be enslaved or put to death. It's their law.

If you think forcibly accommodating that philosophy is good for our country, then you don't understand America in the least.

You also clearly don't understand why Jefferson got a Quran, read it, and what he did after he read it. It wasn't so future Congressmen could be sworn in using it. That's worse than burning a US flag. It's like taking a shit on the Lincoln memorial really. Or course, since your understanding of religion comes from mainstream media, you don't get it and never will.

Someday when some Muslim screams Allahu Akhbar and blows up your family, maybe then you'll get a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Or course, since your understanding of religion comes from mainstream media, you don't get it and never will.
                lmgdao! Where do you come by this awe inspiring assumption, dipshit? I'm a fucking philosophy major, dumbass. Jesus. I love how you guys not only pull random shit out of your ass, but then go to the trouble of writing it out, thinking, yeah, that baseless line of shit looks fantastic, and then hit the submit key on top of it all. Wow.

Comment

That is a whole lot of words being put into my mouth. Not going to spend 45 minutes dissecting that garbage.
                  No way dude...you don't get it! If you're not for forcibly removing everyone not like you, you're automatically a terrorist sympathizer. There is NO middle ground for our gas station attendants or our arabic shop owners, as a matter of fact you should probably stop doing business with them because either A) they're terrorists or B) they're not good muslims if they're not terrorists so you shouldn't even respect someone who can't take their own religion to the letter of the word.

As a matter of fact eric, you employ a border jumper. You probably support illegal immigration, after all he only became legal under Clintons amnesty and every good american knows that only let in mexican criminals and welfare suckers. I'll let Homeland security know where to find you for not being a better asshole.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                    No way dude...you don't get it! If you're not for forcibly removing everyone not like you, you're automatically a terrorist sympathizer. There is NO middle ground for our gas station attendants or our arabic shop owners, as a matter of fact you should probably stop doing business with them because either A) they're terrorists or B) they're not good muslims if they're not terrorists so you shouldn't even respect someone who can't take their own religion to the letter of the word.

As a matter of fact eric, you employ a border jumper. You probably support illegal immigration, after all he only became legal under Clintons amnesty and every good american knows that only let in mexican criminals and welfare suckers. I'll let Homeland security know where to find you for not being a better asshole.
                    I've decided you are right. There are no grey areas at all, especially when it comes to religion. Every Christian follows the Bible to the letter, and in turn follows their religious leaders teachings which are also following the Bible 100% to the letter. Nothing bad was said or taught in the Bible at all, it is only Muslims who are bad people and all 100% of them follow every letter of the Quran to a T, with no grey areas at ALL. My eyes are wide open now, everyone is a suspect.

Wow, this is so much easier than actually thinking for myself, just dismissing entire races/cultures/regions of the globe due to them being evil doers because some guy on the internet claims he is the only person on the planet that has come by his knowledge through a source other than the mainstream media. What a crazy day it has been for me, but I'm all better now! Thanks guys!!!

Comment

• While the idea that all muslims are terrorists is silly, I have to admit that there is some truth to the idea that there are many, many sympathizers to the terrorist cause in the muslim world when I see a country like Lebanon run by Hezbollah or I see Hamas, a known terrorist organization, elected to power in the Palestinian areas of the middle east. There are already radicals in place in Syria and Iran that have been there for decades. So what conclusion should someone draw besides the one where the majority of muslims are simply complacent or worse yet, directly subscribe to the ideas that these leaders promote?

It is important to remember also, that many of the people you see some here from Syria or Iran or anywhere else are not Arab muslims, they are Christians. And they left because they see what the muslims are doing to that part of the world.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        While the idea that all muslims are terrorists is silly, I have to admit that there is some truth to the idea that there are many, many sympathizers to the terrorist cause in the muslim world when I see a country like Lebanon run by Hezbollah or I see Hamas, a known terrorist organization, elected to power in the Palestinian areas of the middle east. There are already radicals in place in Syria and Iran that have been there for decades. So what conclusion should someone draw besides the one where the majority of muslims are simply complacent or worse yet, directly subscribe to the ideas that these leaders promote?

It is important to remember also, that many of the people you see some here from Syria or Iran or anywhere else are not Arab muslims, they are Christians. And they left because they see what the muslims are doing to that part of the world.
                        Depends on the neighborhoods. In Arlington they're predominately Lebanese muslims who fled the civil war and Israeli occupation in the 80's. I have no doubt in your statements as to the extremism in the middle east, hell I've been to 4 of the countries and there's definite tension for westerners even out of the warzones. I think the majority of islamic followers in America are less inclined to extremism not because of any adopted American values but because of education and a willingness to embrace modernity. The majority of countries in the middle east are filled with illiterate farmers led by muslim clerics. Even during the decay of the Ottoman empire in the early 17th century, there wasn't this great holy war against the west. Islamic violence stems more so from a refusal to modernize beginning in the mid to late 19th century and the realization among the educated elites that the battle against western modernity is futile. Look at the middle eastern countries who have embraced western ideals and integrated them into their own systems, they're not ideal societies by any American's eyes and never will be. Hell certain eastern european countries still resemble 3rd world hell holes in their practices towards society. Arabic countries who have begun to embrace westernization and modern education on the whole are the least violent and least unstable countries in the region. Religion only makes up one facet of any given societies identity and to base ALL assumptions on only a piece of their identity is just retarded. IMO
                        Last edited by SlowLX; 02-07-2011, 11:31 PM.

Comment

lmgdao! Where do you come by this awe inspiring assumption, dipshit? I'm a fucking philosophy major, dumbass. Jesus. I love how you guys not only pull random shit out of your ass, but then go to the trouble of writing it out, thinking, yeah, that baseless line of shit looks fantastic, and then hit the submit key on top of it all. Wow.
                          Thanks for proving my point. You don't get it. You need to sit down and read the damn books instead of patting yourself on the back for being a philosophy major. You know where philosophy majors end up anyway? Fixing my cocktails. You know why? No practical applications for philosophy. And since we are talking real world religion, for which nutjobs are willing to kill themselves, philosophizing is a waste of time.

I'm glad you foreshadowed your post though by claiming it was a baseless line of shit and telling us you were gonna hit the submit key. We all knew that already from the steady steaming pile of dung flowing from your fingers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Thanks for proving my point. You don't get it. You need to sit down and read the damn books instead of patting yourself on the back for being a philosophy major. You know where philosophy majors end up anyway? Fixing my cocktails. You know why? No practical applications for philosophy. And since we are talking real world religion, for which nutjobs are willing to kill themselves, philosophizing is a waste of time.

I'm glad you foreshadowed your post though by claiming it was a baseless line of shit and telling us you were gonna hit the submit key. We all knew that already from the steady steaming pile of dung flowing from your fingers.

I manage a multi million dollar operation for a multi billion Fortune 500 company. I'm sure that whatever you've done in life makes your opinion more important and valid than mine, though! Carry on, Fortunate Son!

Comment

• Philosophy major? Well, we know you can read. LOL! Here's my favorite lesson from Philosophy 101: "The only thing I know, is that I don't know anything"- Socrates. It's much cooler in Latin of course, but learn it, remember it, live by it. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                                Philosophy major? Well, we know you can read. LOL! Here's my favorite lesson from Philosophy 101: "The only thing I know, is that I don't know anything"- Socrates. It's much cooler in Latin of course, but learn it, remember it, live by it. LOL!

Word up! I think if Socrates would have lived in modern times, he might have added.."and that AnthonyS is as bright as a black hole..." to the end of that statement. In Latin, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X