ISIS chop off 21 heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Matthew 5:18-19, that's Jesus telling you that you have to obey the law, and in biblical terms the law is the OT.
    Hey brah. I found you an avatar
    Last edited by Gasser64; 07-27-2017, 01:21 PM.
    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Why does a discussion about Muslim extremists always end up down a rabbit hole of debate on how evil Christians were/are?

Fucking liberals. I can't wait for the line to be drawn in the sand.
      This has already been discussed. Can't you read?

Comment

• Originally posted by jasone View Post
        I really don't think atheists hate christians. And jews keep their jewishness to themselves. They aren't out trying to convert followers.
        I've met a few that hate christians, but they're just as irrational as theists who hate atheists for no other reason than being atheists, but as a whole you're correct. You're right about the jews, especially cultural jews, they hate "newcomers" from what I've seen.

Comment

• Figure in ISIS mass beheading video could have US ties, linguistic expert says

A linguistics expert believes the man who threatens the West in an Islamic State video purportedly showing the beheading of 21 Coptic Christians was educated in the United States. But Erick Thomas, a professor of acoustics and dialects at North Carolina State University, says it's unclear whether the mysterious, shrouded figure in the video released on Sunday is from the U.S.

"He clearly spent a significant amount of his childhood in the United States," Thomas told Gretchen Carlson on "The Real Story" Wednesday afternoon. "Whether it was all of his childhood or not, I couldn't say that. I would say probably from the time he began his schooling, he was in the United States, but he was properly exposed to Arabic all along."

Thomas cited the man's use of a "hard G" in two instances: when he says "chopping off" and "fighting us." He also said his pronunciation of the letter "O" in "Rome" might be a clue of his upbringing as well. "It's a good sign of influence from another language," Thomas said.

Comment

• "Com'on where's tha hate?"

Comment

Matthew 5:18-19, that's Jesus telling you that you have to obey the law, and in biblical terms the law is the OT.
              Back up one verse and start at Matthew 5:17 - the part about fulfilling. Then review Galatians 3, Hebrews 10:11-18, Hebrews 9:15, John 14:15-16, Galatians 2:16-21, etc
              Last edited by Strychnine; 02-19-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

You mean the part where he accomplished the prophecy by dying and being resurrected? That accomplished thing?
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  "For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

You mean the part where he accomplished the prophecy by dying and being resurrected? That accomplished thing?
                  He even said the exact time it was accomplished.

Comment

But isn't one of the messianic prophecies that he will bring peace to the earth?

Wouldn't that mean that all the prophecies haven't been fulfilled yet?

Comment

The Fulfillment of the Law
                      17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The earth hasn't disappeared. Wouldn't that imply that the old testament rules are still supposed to be followed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Back up one verse and start at Matthew 5:17 - the part about fulfilling. Then review Galatians 3, Hebrews 10:11-18, Hebrews 9:15, John 14:15-16, Galatians 2:16-21, etc
                        How do you reconcile that with Matthew 15:4-7 (KJV), or Matthew 5:28-29 (KJV)? Both of those are OT commandments that Jesus is commanding being upheld or chastising people for not upholding. Matthew 5:28-29 is specifically referencing the 10 commandments, and Matthew 15:4-7 is referencing Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (KJV) both of which are in the Old Testament. If a mangod had come to fulfill those particular laws, wouldn't the proper reaction be "Don't worry about that, I've got it taken care of"? Obviously the wording would be different, but that's the jist of the statement that would be made.

Comment

• I don't really know shit, so don't think I'm trying to pick fights here.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          Matthew 15:4-7 is referencing Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (KJV)
                          He's not repeating the Deuteronomy verse to the pharisees with intentions of having them kill. He's calling them hypocrites for only following portions of the law and nullifying others... but above that he is speaking to legalistic people who do not believe in Him as their savior. Having not accepted Him in that way, they have not entered into that new covenant whereby they would receive grace.

Traditions and Commandments

15 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat.” 3 He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’ 5 But you say, ‘If anyone tells his father or his mother, “What you would have gained from me is given to God,”[a] 6 he need not honor his father.’ So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word[b] of God. 7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:

8 “‘This people honors me with their lips,
                          but their heart is far from me;
                          9 in vain do they worship me,
                          teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

Matthew 5:28-29 is specifically referencing the 10 commandments,
                          OT commandments that Jesus is commanding being upheld or chastising people for not upholding.
                          You can expect better of people while still showing grace and mercy. That's the beauty of forgiveness. One transgression does not instantly and eternally lead to damnation. If my dog digs a hole in the backyard I don't take him to the pound and walk away from him.

I believe the point there is that you should try to be pure of mind as well as action.

By the time of Jesus, the religion of Israel, as taught be its religious leaders, had degenerated into legalism. Salvation was said to come through obedience to the Ten Commandments and hundreds of other rules. Jesus, however, taught a religion of the "heart" - love for all people and purity of attitudes, thoughts and actions. Jesus severely criticized the corrupt religion of His time. He said the religious leaders observed the letter of the Law of Moses but ignored its spirit
                          Per The Commandments you should not commit the act, but per Matthew 5:27 you should honor the spirit of the commandment also and recognize your thoughts as well and be mindful to not start down the path that leads to destruction.

In the end, strive to be as good as you can be and follow the example of Jesus. You will stumble, and you are not perfect, but you are forgiven and will be as long as you do not turn your back.
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 02-19-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Bomb Mecca and Medina into total oblivian. Go in and scatter Beer and hog lard over everything. No use in the rag heads getting the fresh pussy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FastFox View Post
                              Bomb Mecca and Medina into total oblivian. Go in and scatter Beer and hog lard over everything. No use in the rag heads getting the fresh pussy.
                              Since they have to know that something like this, is actually something their enemies could do, I'm curious as to why they call it a holy war.

Seems like it would better be described as a holy "get naked and walk up and sucker punch a bee hive and hope you don't get stung".
                              WH

Comment

• They call it a holy war because they know the 'civilized world' doesn't have the moral turpitude to respond in kind. They also know Mecca and Medina are safe while they destroy the holy sites of every other religion
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X