Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
    Glad to see you off the barbell.
    Keep it up, just make sure you are doing full reps with the DB's as well.

So don't do the partial reps? Going this heavy for me I have a hard time doing partials anyway. Last night I was doing full reps.

The "scary" part is the next step up from 110lbs is the 125ers. Those look really big haha

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
      So don't do the partial reps? Going this heavy for me I have a hard time doing partials anyway. Last night I was doing full reps.

The "scary" part is the next step up from 110lbs is the 125ers. Those look really big haha
      Dumbells aren't something that you want to just jump into full bore, there are stabilizing muscles at play that aren't used with a barbell. Lighten it up and concentrate on perfect form and using your full range of motion for a while. The potential for shoulder injury is much higher with dumbells, heavy weight with an off-kilter angle is a recipe for disaster.

It's a hard concept to get past the ego I know, but using lighter weight with better control and slower motion will absolutely make you grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Dumbells aren't something that you want to just jump into full bore, there are stabilizing muscles at play that aren't used with a barbell. Lighten it up and concentrate on perfect form and using your full range of motion for a while. The potential for shoulder injury is much higher with dumbells, heavy weight with an off-kilter angle is a recipe for disaster.

It's a hard concept to get past the ego I know, but using lighter weight with better control and slower motion will absolutely make you grow.

Don't worry, I do these nice and slow and don't try to rush through them. Trust me, if it's too heavy I won't do it lol

Comment

• Did shoulders last night and it feels like I only go up in weight on shoulder presses. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like I've been doing the same weight on all the other exercises forever. Guess you don't have to go heavy on some of them to get them to work right cause they seem to be working.

Comment

• Did DB's for chest again last night and this time I was able to control the 110's much much better. Did DB flys for the first time and those were surprisingly easier on my shoulder. I liked them

Comment

• Haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Got lazy one week and got sick another. On the bright side, my shoulder feels great

Comment

• Cardio sucks!! That is all

Comment

• I used to run before I worked out. Took far too much out of me before lifting. I've now changed it up where I am now doing a circuit training type regiment where I do four sets with a one minute rest period. Will do that for awhile and then try something else cardio related.

Comment

Cardio sucks!! That is all
                    Glad to see you have started back and doing cardio too!

Comment

Glad to see you have started back and doing cardio too!

Shut up. All I'm doing is walking for 30min but doing it all on an incline. I'm ending at 8% at the moment while going up 1% every 5min. I'm going to slowly try and up my time on there

My brother has dropped down to 185 doing this so I know it'll work. I have a little over 4 months to lose what little gut I have. Slowly but surely

Comment

Shut up. All I'm doing is walking for 30min but doing it all on an incline. I'm ending at 8% at the moment while going up 1% every 5min. I'm going to slowly try and up my time on there

My brother has dropped down to 185 doing this so I know it'll work. I have a little over 4 months to lose what little gut I have. Slowly but surely
                        Just make sure your diet is spot on, or that "cardio" won't do you much good. As I've posted earlier, you don't necessarily have to get your heart rate to cardio levels to burn fat, the walking is fine so long as you back it up with a diet.

I'm down another 4lbs since last Friday, as opposed to losing only 10lbs total the 2 previous months, and the only difference is diet and now the walking. I do less "cardio" than you actually, only 20min a day right after I lift, with a pace that's just a fast walk (elliptical). I realized that "slowly but surely" was another way of saying "unmotivated and lazy" so I've gotten off my ass and it shows. Well, it shows on the scale anyway, the mirror is another story.

Comment

I was trying to be supportive.
                          Anything is better than making up excuses.
                          Like I said, glad you are back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Just make sure your diet is spot on, or that "cardio" won't do you much good. As I've posted earlier, you don't necessarily have to get your heart rate to cardio levels to burn fat, the walking is fine so long as you back it up with a diet.

I'm down another 4lbs since last Friday, as opposed to losing only 10lbs total the 2 previous months, and the only difference is diet and now the walking. I do less "cardio" than you actually, only 20min a day right after I lift, with a pace that's just a fast walk (elliptical). I realized that "slowly but surely" was another way of saying "unmotivated and lazy" so I've gotten off my ass and it shows. Well, it shows on the scale anyway, the mirror is another story.
                            The mirror is what counts though, keep it up!
                            Most people don't realize that diet is easily 75%+ of the battle involved with weight loss.

Comment

The mirror is what counts though, keep it up!
                              Most people don't realize that diet is easily 75%+ of the battle involved with weight loss.
                              At this stage in life being able to wear my suit pants again is what counts. Why does food have to taste so good?!

Comment

I was trying to be supportive.
                                Anything is better than making up excuses.
                                Like I said, glad you are back.

I wasn't trying to be mean. I know you're being supportive and I appreciate it. Trust me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X