Personal best on bench last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Just make sure your diet is spot on, or that "cardio" won't do you much good. As I've posted earlier, you don't necessarily have to get your heart rate to cardio levels to burn fat, the walking is fine so long as you back it up with a diet.

I'm down another 4lbs since last Friday, as opposed to losing only 10lbs total the 2 previous months, and the only difference is diet and now the walking. I do less "cardio" than you actually, only 20min a day right after I lift, with a pace that's just a fast walk (elliptical). I realized that "slowly but surely" was another way of saying "unmotivated and lazy" so I've gotten off my ass and it shows. Well, it shows on the scale anyway, the mirror is another story.

If I can just lay off the Golden Chick I'll be ok lol Damn there chicken tenders and mashed potatoes!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
      If I can just lay off the Golden Chick I'll be ok lol Damn there chicken tenders and mashed potatoes!!!!!
      I've never been a fried chicken fan, Carls Jr. is primarily to blame for my paunch. I didn't eat McDonalds for almost all of my adult life, but once I tried a McGriddle for breakfast about a year ago, it was all over. Crack cocaine could take notes on how to be more addictive.

If you can't tell, I haven't eaten breakfast yet...

Comment

I've never been a fried chicken fan, Carls Jr. is primarily to blame for my paunch. I didn't eat McDonalds for almost all of my adult life, but once I tried a McGriddle for breakfast about a year ago, it was all over. Crack cocaine could take notes on how to be more addictive.

The McRibb is my crack. I will eat 4 a week when those things are for sale.

Comment

I'm a fan of any kind of chicken lol

Comment

At this stage in life being able to wear my suit pants again is what counts. Why does food have to taste so good?!

You just need to re-train your mind into what "good" food tastes like.
            All my meals are focused on taste along with nutrition in mind.
            I eat out maybe 1 of 25 meals and that one meal will be my "cheat" meal, which is usually 8 chicfila spicy chicken sandwiches.

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            I wasn't trying to be mean. I know you're being supportive and I appreciate it. Trust me lol
            No problem man. I like helping people no matter how far along they are in meeting their goals.

Originally posted by Big A View Post

If you can't tell, I haven't eaten breakfast yet
            Gotta plan ahead to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              I eat out maybe 1 of 25 meals and that one meal will be my "cheat" meal, which is usually 8 chicfila spicy chicken sandwiches.

No problem man. I like helping people no matter how far along they are in meeting their goals.

The amount you eat still amazes me

I also have a new problem with sweet tea

Comment

Up to 3 chipotle burritos w/extra chicken now.
                It's crazy because I am still sooo lean, but it truthfully all comes down to consistency, intensity, and diet.

Nothing at all wrong with tea in moderation, just kick the sweet part.

Comment

It's crazy because I am still sooo lean, but it truthfully all comes down to consistency, intensity, and diet.

What's the point in drinking tea if i kick the sweet part?? lol

I use sweet 'n low at work if i get tea from up here. Don't know if that makes it any better or not

Comment

What's the point in drinking tea if i kick the sweet part?? lol

I use sweet 'n low at work if i get tea from up here. Don't know if that makes it any better or not
                    I sometimes drink it for the taste or even a caffine "buzz" since I never consume any.

No, you should try using a small amount of sugar instead. I am not into artifical foods. Kicked them years ago.
                    Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 03-21-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post

You also have to look at the volume of healthy food versus, how easily it is to pack calories into an unhealthy package. 500 calories of chicken, rice, and veggies is a mound of food, whereas a $.99 cheese burger is gone in two bites, half of which is saturated fat.

I swear that they put the same extra chemicals that are in in cigarettes into fast food, because I went YEARS not even craving it, and then after a few "quick" breakfasts and lunches I was hooked into a daily habit. The good thing is now that my body's flushed of all that crap, and my mind is on track, I don't even notice the restaurants that I used to dine at daily.

Comment

• Doing meal prep and making sure all my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners are covered during the week keeps me from getting fast food or eating junk during the week. I will usually have a huge cheat meal on Saturday afternoon and might eat another shitty meal Sunday. Forcing yourself to eat clean all week makes the unhealthy crap taste that much better when you do eat it.

Comment

This is my problem right now. I don't prepare my meals in advance so I end up at chipotle or dickeys to eat chicken. I don't get sour cream or anything but it would be better to prepare at home. I'm trying to lose weight and keep the muscle I have or gain a little (which I know isn't likely while cutting ). I just started working out again about 2 months ago and I'm down about 15lbs now. Trying to lose 35 to 40 more. I'm trying to stay in the 1800 to 2000 calories a day. Any advise on meals and amount of protein. I'm 226lbs at the moment. Thanks in advance

Comment

which is usually 8 chicfila spicy chicken sandwiches.
                            Geez... I thought I was putting it away with eating one sandwhich and a 12 piece nuggets.

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                            Trying to lose 35 to 40 more. I'm trying to stay in the 1800 to 2000 calories a day.
                            That seems really low, as in your body not being able to sustain itself/eating muscle kind of low. Especially if you're lifting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              That seems really low, as in your body not being able to sustain itself/eating muscle kind of low. Especially if you're lifting.
                              That's not low for someone with 185ish lbs of lean mass, his BMR is around 2,000-2,100 calories a day, and needs a couple hundred calorie deficit.

Comment

That's not low for someone with 185ish lbs of lean mass, his BMR is around 2,000-2,100 calories a day, and needs a couple hundred calorie deficit.
                                Does that calorie intake include lifting?

Comment

Working...
                                X