Personal best on bench last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BERT View Post
    What would you suggest eating late at night? Drink another shake or actual food?
    Overall...clean food is always better than a protein shake.
    During my bulking period this last winter...I ate peanut butter and crackers and drank some flavored chocolate carmel eggwhites right before bed.
    Weight went from 240-255lbs.
    I was eating 1-2 jars of peanut butter a week though.

Also, something i've been wondering, how much protein at one sitting is too much?
    No such thing...it's a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
      Overall...clean food is always better than a protein shake.
      During my bulking period this last winter...I ate peanut butter and crackers and drank some flavored eggwhites right before bed.
      Weight went from 240-255lbs.
      I was eating 1-2 jars of peanut butter a week though.

HOLY SHIT!! It has always amazed me how much you eat lol

Comment

HOLY SHIT!! It has always amazed me how much you eat lol
        My pocketbook sure feels it!

I was eating 7,000 calories a day during the winter.
        I also ate 8lbs of chocolate covered almonds that I got from Ebay in 3 weeks...now that weight wasn't exactly "good" weight that I put on, lol.
        I'm having to watch what I eat now though.
        Went from 255lbs to 245lbs in 6 weeks, just straighting up my diet to near perfection and 2 cardio sessions a day plus an hr and a half of heavy weight training.
        I think the 4:30am fasted cardio sessions on the stepmill are really helping out and they really aren't that hard to do because my body feels sooo rested at that time.
        I will be in single digit bodyfat this year, but man...I sure do miss eating BIG!!!

Comment

I also ate 8lbs of chocolate covered almonds that I got from Ebay in 3 weeks...now that weight wasn't exactly "good" weight that I put on, lol.
          Went from 255lbs to 245lbs in 6 weeks, just straighting up my diet to near perfection and 2 cardio sessions a day plus an hr and a half of heavy weight training.
          I think the 4:30am fasted cardio sessions on the stepmill are really helping out and they really aren't that hard to do because my body feels sooo rested at that time.
          I will be in single digit bodyfat this year, but man...I sure do miss eating BIG!!!
          I just gained 4 lbs THINKING about consuming 7000 calories...

I hate you.
          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

What do you weigh at the moment? And what are you trying to get down to?

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
              I just gained 4 lbs THINKING about consuming 7000 calories...

I hate you.
              LOL...just keep up the cardio man...I want you to achieve your goal!

What do you weigh at the moment? And what are you trying to get down to?
              I'm 245...I have no clue what I want to weigh.
              I just want to be in the best shape of my life.

Comment

Yes and no. If you are trying to hit a specific calorie range, then you need to be cognoscent of you macronutrient break down, to be sure that you're getting enough carbs as well as protein. Eat too much protein, and you either have to deal with an overage of calories, or not get enough carbs.

Before bed I've found a protein shake to be easiest, with a tablespoon or so of natural peanut butter. Natural foods are always better, but convenience plays a role in helping the casual lifter stay on track. Most people aren't as hardcore as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Yes and no. If you are trying to hit a specific calorie range, then you need to be cognoscent of you macronutrient break down, to be sure that you're getting enough carbs as well as protein. Eat too much protein, and you either have to deal with an overage of calories, or not get enough carbs.

Before bed I've found a protein shake to be easiest, with a tablespoon or so of natural peanut butter. Natural foods are always better, but convenience plays a role in helping the casual lifter stay on track. Most people aren't as hardcore as you.
                  Very true.
                  I am used to reading labels constantly and using the 4/4/9 rule often to calculate caloric intake.

I'm far from hardcore.
                  I just try to do things right or not at all.
                  I'm either on track or wayyyy off track, lol.

Comment

how's the chest feelin?
                    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                      how's the chest feelin?
                      Totally fine for now actually, I'm still in the DO part of DOMS. My tris are getting a little tight though. Had a big steak at TL&C tonight, creatine rage will be coming shortly.

Comment

I've noticed a problem in maintaining the calorie intake on the weekends. I just don't eat as much on the weekends with no set schedule. Usually wake up later and start eating much later. I bet i'm almost always lighter on the scale monday morning than i am friday morning lol

Comment

I've noticed a problem in maintaining the calorie intake on the weekends. I just don't eat as much on the weekends with no set schedule. Usually wake up later and start eating much later. I bet i'm almost always lighter on the scale monday morning than i am friday morning lol
                          Eat on the same schedule on the weekends, it should be even easier to plan and prepare good clean high-calorie meals. Quit making excuses, and make muscle.

Comment

Eat on the same schedule on the weekends, it should be even easier to plan and prepare good clean high-calorie meals. Quit making excuses, and make muscle.

But i like excuses lol

Over the weekend i did find a breakfast that i really like. 2 packages of instant oatmeal, 1 scoop of chocolate protein and around 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. It taste like some chocolate oatmeal cookies that my mom makes during christmas

Comment

Last night i "tried" 275. I just wanted to feel the weight of it and had my brother there the whole time helping me so i didn't really strain too much. Can hold it up and bring it down just fine, even got it off my chest and thought i was going to be able to get it. Coudn't quite get it passed that point a little above the chest though. Oh well, i know what that feels like and can work towards it. Within a months time i want to get that up. If i feel like i did last night, i should be able to get 265 up next week.

I started doing partial reps to focus harder on my chest. Been trying to get pointers from the bigger guys at the gym, they say these help. So i did my last two sets at 225 doing this, not bad.

Comment

Supposedly using boards helps with dead spots, but it's a pain in the ass since you have to have someone spot and hold the board.

.... or you can do some of these...
                                Last edited by SS Junk; 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X