• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a countdown running?
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Venix View Post
      Sitting next to my copy, getting depressed because it is not being played yet.
      I bet they are keeping each other warm too.
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• I ordered a copy from Dell when I ordered my new laptop, cant wait! Never got to get in on beta though so I have no idea what to expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
          I ordered a copy from Dell when I ordered my new laptop, cant wait! Never got to get in on beta though so I have no idea what to expect.
          What kind of laptop? Specs.
          Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Alienware M18X, 2860QM I7 processor, dual AMD 6990M GPU's, 16gig 1866 Hyper X, Dual 500gb Seagate Hybrid drives in Raid0, Win 7 64.

Expensive but its another check off my bucket list, lol. I got an issue out of box with it though. Seems there may have been a batch of bad GPU's or motherboards because the GPU fans work some of the time. If they dont work I restart and they will work untill I shut it down. Even when they arent coming on, I can manually kick them on using HWinfo64 though so no idea where the issue is. Tried drivers, bios updates, etc. There are a few people that got M18X's the same time I did with the same issue and are getting GPU's replaced this week so we will see how it goes. If it works Ill have mine replaced, if not Ill send it back, get a refund and re-order later on.

Sorry for the novel

Comment

• I have almost the same computer. I guess i should actually use it to see if it is messed up. I have only had it turned on for about 20 hours or so.

How did you know they were bad?
              Originally posted by Lason View Post
              Alienware M18X, 2860QM I7 processor, dual AMD 6990M GPU's, 16gig 1866 Hyper X, Dual 500gb Seagate Hybrid drives in Raid0, Win 7 64.

Expensive but its another check off my bucket list, lol. I got an issue out of box with it though. Seems there may have been a batch of bad GPU's or motherboards because the GPU fans work some of the time. If they dont work I restart and they will work untill I shut it down. Even when they arent coming on, I can manually kick them on using HWinfo64 though so no idea where the issue is. Tried drivers, bios updates, etc. There are a few people that got M18X's the same time I did with the same issue and are getting GPU's replaced this week so we will see how it goes. If it works Ill have mine replaced, if not Ill send it back, get a refund and re-order later on.

Sorry for the novel

Comment

• It's 10/19 and I still don't have BF3.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  It's 10/19 and I still don't have BF3.
                  lol. wait for the 25th
                  2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Venix View Post
                    I have almost the same computer. I guess i should actually use it to see if it is messed up. I have only had it turned on for about 20 hours or so.

How did you know they were bad?
                    Ran some benchmarks when I got it out and started noticing some stuttering. Pulled up GPU-z and my main card was sitting at around 95* with no fans going. Got on notebookreview forums and people who recieved these things within the last two weeks or so are having the same issue.

You can figure it out pretty quick, just download and run furmark and do the burn in test at 1920x1080 and watch the temps. If it hits 85-90* and you dont hear the fans roaring then you got the same issue. If they do run, shut it down then start it back up and try again. Mine will do it just about everytime when I do a shutdown, if I do a restart then they usually work.

Comment

• Nice. What speed is that hd? I hate when you dish the dough for a good build and get issues.

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      Alienware M18X, 2860QM I7 processor, dual AMD 6990M GPU's, 16gig 1866 Hyper X, Dual 500gb Seagate Hybrid drives in Raid0, Win 7 64.

Sorry for the novel
                      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• PM me ur Live ID for all my Xbox ppl out there! Moto, Cobra, and i think Venix I gots.

Comment

• P.S. Im off for the release so I be playing as long as Liam James allows dad to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                            Craaaaap, yall ever play SC2, lmk. Howitzur there too.
                            I have to bring this one back up lol.

I lol'd.

Tell Liam that bf3 is coming out and he comes second. Haha.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                              Nice. What speed is that hd? I hate when you dish the dough for a good build and get issues.
                              7200 rpm

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                                PM me ur Live ID for all my Xbox ppl out there! Moto, Cobra, and i think Venix I gots.

Don't forget me Tanner. I will be playing it all day after release too. My boss scheduled me to have it off. Luck of the draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X