New tv time, to curve or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zachary View Post

How will this effect choice of projector since it will be such a smaller image. How close will projector need to be to get that size image. We will be sitting around 11' away from the screen. Would one of the 600-800$ #'s work just as good for that small of screen?
    It's simple, you'll be looking at a short throw projector.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I would actually like it to be 12-13" away, it may just not be possible. Can you actually have it further away with a smaller picture? I have looked at a lot of projectors online none of them have a chart that I have seen that says x'-x' = x screen size

Comment

You can change the resolution and the zoom on a projector, which will affect how big the picture appears. Higher resolution will show finer details on a larger scale. Zoom out and the picture will box will shrink down in size.

Find screen size and throw distance for all projectors, as well as seating and lighting recommendations.

My design engineers use the link I just posted. Select your projector and it will show the optimal placement for viewing.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          You can change the resolution and the zoom on a projector, which will affect how big the picture appears. Higher resolution will show finer details on a larger scale. Zoom out and the picture will box will shrink down in size.

Find screen size and throw distance for all projectors, as well as seating and lighting recommendations.

My design engineers use the link I just posted. Select your projector and it will show the optimal placement for viewing.
          That is what i have been googling looking for!! thanks!

is it true, top of screen lines up with projector typically?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
            That is what i have been googling looking for!! thanks!

is it true, top of screen lines up with projector typically?
            That's hard for me to answer because all of the environments I install projectors into are different. My company uses the top 1/3 of the screen as a rule of thumb when mounting a ceiling projector. It will all depend on if the projector has a tilt/shift lens to utilize.

Comment

top of the screen, typically

and projectorcentral is a fantastic resource, I'm on it daily

Comment

This is the projector I am thinking. You guys know WAYYY more about this than I do.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-W1080ST-1080p-Theater-Projector/dp/B00B11C6HW/ref=sr_1_4/184-0993313-7367940?ie=UTF8&qid=1420819284&sr=8-4&keywords=benq+w1070+projector[/ame]

for 50$ more though can get this...
                [ame]http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-HT-Series-HT1085ST-Theater-Projector/dp/B00LTMPOUE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420819338&sr=8-2&keywords=1080P+ST[/ame]

Do you guys think for 80" screen this would be a good choice. Or is there a better choice cheaper considering I do not need a 120" screen

Did sign up and post this on projector central too...could waste hours over there!
                Last edited by zachary; 01-09-2015, 11:05 AM.

Comment

didnt want to start a new thread,

but anyone using wireless HDMI setup yet? If so how good does it work?

Comment

Working...
                  X