Buying my first handgun soon and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
    I was trying to hide shit. Only thing that would make you a bigger tool than owning a hotrod built in the 90's and driving it around a traditional hotrod show thinking youre cool, is trailering it down there

anyways, again no hard feelings
    Actually I would say advocating the purchase of a glock while clearly not knowing jack shit about them would qualify one as a bigger tool. And the car was not mine, I was just along for the ride

That being said, I suggest you learn a few things about guns. Maybe you can tag along to the range with us one day and we can teach you how to shoot, takedown, and clean your glock. It will be a great learning experience. I will even put up a photo of a cast bullet with a big "x" through it so you know what to avoid.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• the 26 and 27 are most likely not included because they have always used the "new and improved" design of the recoil spring

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Actually I would say advocating the purchase of a glock while clearly not knowing jack shit about them would qualify one as a bigger tool. And the car was not mine, I was just along for the ride

That being said, I suggest you learn a few things about guns. Maybe you can tag along to the range with us one day and we can teach you how to shoot, takedown, and clean your glock. It will be a great learning experience. I will even put up a photo of a cast bullet with a big "x" through it so you know what to avoid.
        ok thanks! If you want some lessons on how to stop being a doorknob, and be cool let me know. You wont have to buy a gun OR a new car I promise!

Heres a shirt you can wear next time yall are cruising!

Comment

ok thanks! If you want some lessons on how to stop being a doorknob
          Uh, what?

And I already have a closet full of shirts just like that.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• and pointing to the fact that Glock has the LE market cornered doesn't necessarily make it the greatest gun. Glook took over the market because they basically gave away their guns for free. Smith and Wesson is making a move into the market with their M&P the same way.

Walther PPQ is another option, think you can get one of those for around 500

Comment

If so many have failed, then why does over 65% of Law enforcement still issue them to this day? Guess they want their hands blowing off the police officers?

Only reason you hear about about this happening to glocks and not other pistols is glock dominates the handgun market. Sure youre going to hear about their problems before others.

As for the gen4's, it wasn't every single gun that was recalled, it was only a couple models having problems. That problem was only due to weak load ammunition
              Lowest bidder that meets requirements? Just like any government organization...

Comment

• Its Google, it must be true...

Comment

• Originally posted by soap View Post
                  Executed. Im waiting by jeff's house to pick up my stuff.
                  i took off way too early thought traffic was going to be bad. Ive been waiting at the gas station. Playing scratch off's for the last hour. He'll be home at 530.
                  I got to Jeff's house and realized that I forgot to stop at the ATM. Glad that racetrac was there.
                  03 cobra

Comment

• Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
                    I got to Jeff's house and realized that I forgot to stop at the ATM. Glad that racetrac was there.
                    i was at that race track, for over an hour did you see me in the white GT?
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• My experience with glocks have been negative. I owned a glock 32 that I used to take my CHL test. The instructor was a total glock hater. Well out of the class my glock was the only gun to jam. It jammed on my three times during the class. Of course the instructor jumped all over that. I have since replaced it with a XD and haven't had any issues.
                      07 GT500
                      05 SRT10
                      88 turbocoupe T-bird
                      93 Cobra
                      86 coupe
                      Ducati 848

Comment

• Never had problems with my GLOCKs even shooting cast bullets. A few thousand of them at last count no blown up guns.

everyone has the ones they like. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the modern polymer framed pistols except maybe the S&W Sigma.
                        2004 Suzuki DL650
                        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

• Originally posted by Downs View Post
                          Never had problems with my GLOCKs even shooting cast bullets. A few thousand of them at last count no blown up guns.

everyone has the ones they like. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the modern polymer framed pistols except maybe the S&W Sigma.
                          I'll agree with that, although I have a couple friends that swear by theirs...I've shot them...I'll keep my XD, even at the additional price

Comment

• Itsn't it the polygonal rifling that causes the cast bullet issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marss View Post
                              Itsn't it the polygonal rifling that causes the cast bullet issues?
                              Supposed to be I've never had an issue but I usually scrubbed my barrel out after a match or two or three.

I could see there being issues if you fired ass tons of lead though the barrel then went to shooting jacketed.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650
                              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

• If you have a $700 budget get an XDm. Just picked up an XDm 9mm tactical myself. Absolutely amazing at the range.

Comment

Working...
                                X