No announcement yet.

IDPA guys in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot for years in IDPA and a few years in USPSA. Both are fun, and depending on where you are CCIDPA might be a good one too. They mostly shoot in Greenville though ever since CCGR got shut down. The XD will put you in ESP as mentioned before, but don't worry, as stated the gear isn't what matters for quite some time.

I wasn't aware there were still matches at Elm Fork though, I thought those got killed years ago. What website shows the schedule for them? My buddy and I were actually talking about trying to go shoot a match here in a the next month, maybe I'll meet you there?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      I wasn't aware there were still matches at Elm Fork though, I thought those got killed years ago. What website shows the schedule for them? My buddy and I were actually talking about trying to go shoot a match here in a the next month, maybe I'll meet you there?
      It's listed on the DAPS event list.

Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I just started to revisit the idea of shooting IDPA. I've grown bored with just shooting at paper targets.

Only thing stopping me at the moment is ammo availability. I do plan on putting together a reloading setup this year to help remedy that.

I don't want to find a way to kill 3 hours in Irving after work, so I'm glad there are other options like CCIDPA.
        كافر

Originally posted by sc281
        Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
        Originally posted by Trick Pony
        ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          anyone currently shooting or shot idpa in the past? I'm interested in getting started in idpa and have a few questions.
          a07395

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
            a07395
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Do it you'll like it.

With CTIDPA. The guy in the brown fleece and the guy in the orange hoodie were first time IDPA shooters.'

Here's some USPSA from the Texas State Limited Championship

2004 Suzuki DL650
              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                ^ That one..

I did this last night and had a blast.. I'll most likely be going to future ones. Every other Thursday evening. Next match 1/2/14 from what I understand.
                WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                  ^ That one..

I did this last night and had a blast.. I'll most likely be going to future ones. Every other Thursday evening. Next match 1/2/14 from what I understand.
                  I was there as well last night and had a blast. I have also been going to the match on Wednesday nights as well. I will be there on the 2nd as well.

Comment

Hmmmm, I'll have to see what the weather will be like for the next one. Maybe I'll come out and play too even though it's been years since I shot a match and I'll get my ass kicked bad likely by a teenage girl before all my penalties for reloading in the open and no cover. I wish they still did USPSA matches out there but you have to drive to hell and gone to get to one of those these days.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                      I was there as well last night and had a blast. I have also been going to the match on Wednesday nights as well. I will be there on the 2nd as well.
                      What group were you in? I was in group 2. I placed 24 out of 31, with 20 points down.
                      WRX

Comment

I was in group four and placed 16th with 35 points down.
                        Last edited by Boomhauer; 12-20-2013, 04:20 PM. Reason: correct points down.

Comment

I'm in. How many rounds did you guys shoot/ what was the cost.
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I shot about 80 rounds total. It was 25 dollars for the match fee (range fee included) and 10 dollars for temp daily membership. So in total it cost $35. However if you join the club for $35 a year you only have to pay the $25 per match. There is also the option to shoot each stage with a carbine for an additional $10.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

I've never shot IDPA before so it should be fun
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

yeah ~80 rounds, 3 mags (could get away with 2), holster of some sort, eyes, ears, 35$ cash.

It was my first match last night, everyone was very helpful. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.
                                WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X