X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

I've never shot IDPA before so it should be fun
    Technically it is not IDPA with Texas Combat Shooters, the IDPA match is Wednesday night with DAPS. On Thursday night it is more relaxed than the Wednesday night IDPA shooting. If you decide to attend both nights you will see that the Thursday night shoot is faster paced. While the Wednesday night shoot is slower and more disciplined. Some people say they enjoy one shooting style more than the other. I however enjoy and plan to continue shooting them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
      Technically it is not IDPA with Texas Combat Shooters, the IDPA match is Wednesday night with DAPS. On Thursday night it is more relaxed than the Wednesday night IDPA shooting. If you decide to attend both nights you will see that the Thursday night shoot is faster paced. While the Wednesday night shoot is slower and more disciplined. Some people say they enjoy one shooting style more than the other. I however enjoy and plan to continue shooting them both.
      Is the DAPS every Wednesday?
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Every other Wednesday and the TCS is the night after.

Comment

Ok. I've never shot any comp so I'm excited.
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I'll be doing TCS tonight at Elm Fork. The wind should be simmered down slightly by tonight.
            WRX

Comment

Possibly in tonight

Comment

Wait, I've never heard of TCS but was thinking I'd do IDP(ghey) next Wednesday night. What is this? Some sort of quasi~IDPA/USPSA? Link?
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                  Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                  Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Wait, I've never heard of TCS but was thinking I'd do IDP(ghey) next Wednesday night. What is this? Some sort of quasi~IDPA/USPSA? Link?
                  WRX

Comment

Tcs is Texas Combat Shooters I believe. I'm going tonight. First time I'm stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                      yeah ~80 rounds, 3 mags (could get away with 2), holster of some sort, eyes, ears, 35$ cash. (or 60$ if this is your first shoot and you want the yearly membership.)

It was my first match last night, everyone was very helpful. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.
                      My buddy went to the last shoot and they had a mandatory 2 mag change on one of the courses, so an update you will need 3 mags.

From their website:

Texas Combat Shooters
                      "Thursday Night Gunfight"

For almost 4 years our Thursday night matches have offered shooters the opportunity to practice firearm based self-defense in a safe, controlled, competition environment.

TCS shoots every other Thursday at Elm fork Shooting Sports located at 10751 Luna Rd. Dallas, TX 75220. Our matches begin at 6:50p with a mandatory new shooter briefing at 6:45p for shooters who have never attended one of our matches. Last shot fired is at 8:55p.

Our unique format allows our members to shoot pistol and/or carbine at every TCS match! Your $25 entry fee covers the cost of 1 firearm and for another $10 you can shoot each stage twice, once with pistol, once with carbine. This allows you to keep both your pistol and your carbine defensive shooting skills sharp.

You must have a TCS membership to shoot in our events. We have two different memberships available to our shooters. Our $35 yearly membership is good for the entire calendar year and expires the last day of the year. If you are not from the area or unsure if you will want to attend our matches on a regular basis, we offer a $10 temporary membership that is good for one event only.

Round count is never more than 100 per firearm. You must have a holster, mag holders, and at least two magazines. For 1911 style pistols, you will need 3 magazines. Each person must have their own firearm and gear. No sharing is allowed for safety reasons.

Please contact us at texscombatshooters@gmail.com if you have any questions. Also check out our TCS Rules page to familiarize yourself with our safety rules and check in procedures.

Please visit our Calendar Page to see when our next event takes place.
                      Last edited by mustang_revival; 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM.
                      WRX

Comment

Interesting... I wonder if they are sticklers for the type of firearm used or mods to said firearm? Example: I have a G22 that I can shoot in USPSA Limited as is, and IDPA ESP after I remove the magwell and +5 basepads on the mags. I see nothing about max capacity, mag size, gun requirements, etc.... So if I show up with my gun in USPSA configuration I don't want to hear about "no race guns allowed". The only reason I'm really concerned is the "cover" command in the rules which indicates more IDPA style COF (as well as 2 mandatory reloads in one COF).

I guess really I'm just more concerned if I should approach it like IDPA but a little more friendly, or more like USPSA but slightly more restrictive. There's a vast chasm between the two. Also, no mention of scoring system, power factor, etc.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          Interesting... I wonder if they are sticklers for the type of firearm used or mods to said firearm? Example: I have a G22 that I can shoot in USPSA Limited as is, and IDPA ESP after I remove the magwell and +5 basepads on the mags. I see nothing about max capacity, mag size, gun requirements, etc.... So if I show up with my gun in USPSA configuration I don't want to hear about "no race guns allowed". The only reason I'm really concerned is the "cover" command in the rules which indicates more IDPA style COF (as well as 2 mandatory reloads in one COF).

I guess really I'm just more concerned if I should approach it like IDPA but a little more friendly, or more like USPSA but slightly more restrictive. There's a vast chasm between the two. Also, no mention of scoring system, power factor, etc.
                          They didn't inspect my gun. I am running a stock Glock 34.

There were guys shooting pistols with mag wells, red dot optics, all kinds of shit.

Hell there was even a guy shooting a silenced AR.

I would lean "IDPA but a little more friendly"
                          WRX

Comment

You out at elm fork? I'm here

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              You out at elm fork? I'm here
                              I'm one my way now. I'll be in my beige brodozer wearing my cowskin rug coat.
                              WRX

Comment

It was good meeting you man. We'll have to hang out again. Sorry I didn't chat more.

I shot pretty well. Got murdered by my boss and the guy with the glock shirt/race gun. There was one other person in my group running from concealment. I might have beat him.

Comment

Working...
                                X