Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Zimmerman is charged with 2nd degree murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    If George Zimmerman didn't possess a gun, George Zimmerman would not be alive today.
    /end thread

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      If George Zimmerman didn't possess a gun, George Zimmerman would not be alive today.
      If George Zimmerman did not have a gun then George Zimmerman would not have been as confrontational and Martin would still be posing as a gangster thug and none of us would have known the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        If George Zimmerman did not have a gun then George Zimmerman would not have been as confrontational and Martin would still be posing as a gangster thug and none of us would have known the difference.
        And robbing homes.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Really? Proof?

The only reason ANYONE knows Zimmerman had a gun that night is because he had to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Mike is responsible for 10% of all accounts in our database.
            I actually had nothing to do with either of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I actually had nothing to do with either of those.
              That's irrelevant.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                Really? Proof?

The only reason ANYONE knows Zimmerman had a gun that night is because he had to use it.
                Really. He had the confidence to confront Martin because he was armed. What I am saying is if he didn't have the gun chances are none of that would of happened. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Comment

Really. He had the confidence to confront Martin because he was armed. What I am saying is if he didn't have the gun chances are none of that would of happened. It's really not that difficult to understand.
                  Making an argument based on perceived self confidence as just as relevant in Zimmerman's defense as it is in Trayvon's. Trayvon wouldn't have died that night if he didn't have excessive self confidence thinking he could assault a complete stranger.

Here is the way I look at it. Zimmerman was on the neighborhood watch tasked with identifying and reporting prowlers due to recent burglaries in his neighborhood. He spots one, the last few times he spotted someone they got away. He decides to follow him so he doesn't lose track of him. I don't find any of this to be excessive or alarming. Trayvon, based on the little bit of evidence leaked out, apparently confronted Zimmerman believing he was being followed unjustly and decides to assault him. Zimmerman calls the cops. Trayvon calls his girlfriend. Who was in fear? He confronts Zimmerman and begins beating him. It goes beyond a fistfight, he gets him down, beats his head into the pavement, and then, after all of this transpires, gets shot in the chest. Truth is, you don't know what would have happened to Zimmerman had he not been armed. He could very well be dead right now. He made a smart move carrying a pistol in that situation. It was within his legal rights to do so, it saved his life for all we know.

Comment

Making an argument based on perceived self confidence as just as relevant in Zimmerman's defense as it is in Trayvon's. Trayvon wouldn't have died that night if he didn't have excessive self confidence thinking he could assault a complete stranger.
                    Since none of us know exactly what happened that night, all of us are guilty of doing so. Jump on the bandwagon and roll with it.

Comment

I have seen no evidence that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

Zimmerman just didn't go away. Martin is the one doing the confronting.

You got any other brilliant observations?
                      Last edited by 03trubluGT; 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

That's irrelevant.
                        Valid point.

Comment

I have seen no evidence that Zimmerman confronted Martin.

Zimmerman just didn't go away. Martin is the one doing the confronting.

You got any other brilliant observations?

He was told to return to his car by the dispatcher and 30 to 45secs later martin is shot. zimmerman and martin both saw each other approached each other. Otherwise zimmerman shot martin at distance.

If zimmerman would not have not got out of his car, martin would be alive. If zimmerman had returned to his car when the dispatcher told him to, martin would be alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            He was told to return to his car by the dispatcher and 30 to 45secs later martin is shot. zimmerman and martin both saw each other approached each other. Otherwise zimmerman shot martin at distance.

If zimmerman would not have not got out of his car, martin would be alive. If zimmerman had returned to his car when the dispatcher told him to, martin would be alive.
                            People don't have any obligation to listen to a dispatcher. Simple fact is had Martin not been physical this wouldn't have happened... The rest of the circumstances are irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post

Dispatchers have ZERO legal authority to tell people what to do.

I DOUBT Zimmerman approached Martin, he was keeping his distance to observe.

Martin is the one that is to blame here, he attacked Zimmerman. I can look at you all day, and follow you, but he moment you approach and throw blows, you are the offender. Period.

Comment

Dispatchers have ZERO legal authority to tell people what to do.
                                I think people just assume dispatcher = cop.

I've been in dispatch centers where fire and police guys are answering phones, but I think those were medical and/or desk duty situations. In that scenario (officer giving instructions but acting as a dispatcher) would they have any legal authority?

Comment

Working...
                                X