What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    He's more likely had the police called on him.....
    By the guy whose hood he was jumping on, I'm sure.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
      explain? Are you saying that because I have ran a stop sign in my lifetime, that I am no different?

With that logic, everyone is guilty, cops included... as well as yourself. So you have never called the police on anyone right?
      No, he's referring to what is "right or wrong" and what makes it so.. Goes back to what I was saying about morals and beliefs vs laws and society's expectations. A lot of abstract thinking and debate. It's very interesting stuff and often opens people up into the grey areas when they have been locked in black and white mode.

Comment

i still cant get past the irony of you bitching about weed in public yet asking on a PUBLIC forum where you cant get some illicit substance..

Comment

explain? Are you saying that because I have ran a stop sign in my lifetime, that I am no different?

With that logic, everyone is guilty, cops included... as well as yourself. So you have never called the police on anyone right?

Chili covered it pretty thoroughly already when he quoted me.

By and large our society exists in a vacuum where it is impossible to NOT break a law just in the course of day to day living. Cops are ordinary people with a title, so they of course fall in with the rest of society. I personally am not going to worry about victimless crimes. If you're such a stickler for the rules(starting a thread looking for a pot hook up, then complaining because someone is smoking it? lol) then more power to you, but I think you're going to live a very frustrated life.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            No, he's referring to what is "right or wrong" and what makes it so.. Goes back to what I was saying about morals and beliefs vs laws and society's expectations. A lot of abstract thinking and debate. It's very interesting stuff and often opens people up into the grey areas when they have been locked in black and white mode.
            Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Chili covered it pretty thoroughly already when he quoted me.

By and large our society exists in a vacuum where it is impossible to NOT break a law just in the course of day to day living. Cops are ordinary people with a title, so they of course fall in with the rest of society. I personally am not going to worry about victimless crimes. If you're such a stickler for the rules(starting a thread looking for a pot hook up, then complaining because someone is smoking it? lol) then more power to you, but I think you're going to live a very frustrated life.
            This makes a lot of sense to me... Gives me something to think about.

I still whole-heartedly disagree with the issue for my brother though. I believe there is a big difference in the reasoning and pricipal between the two. And had I got pulled over taking it to him that night, I would have gladly accepted whatever punishment was put forth. As for why I posted it up on the old site, I was desperately trying to help him and didn't know who or where else to go. Little did I know it'd bite me in the ass later on!

Good conversation gentlemen, thanks for the insight!

Comment

This makes a lot of sense to me... Gives me something to think about.

I still whole-heartedly disagree with the issue for my brother though. I believe there is a big difference in the reasoning and pricipal between the two. And had I got pulled over taking it to him that night, I would have gladly accepted whatever punishment was put forth. As for why I posted it up on the old site, I was desperately trying to help him and didn't know who or where else to go. Little did I know it'd bite me in the ass later on!

Good conversation gentlemen, thanks for the insight!

We never forget. Possibly there is a difference in reasoning between the two. However in everyones own mind, everything they do is perfectly justified-otherwise they wouldn't do it. You did what you thought you needed to do in regards to your brother, and I don't disagree with it at all. Maybe a couple of hits is what those guys need to do to cope with the fact that they work at a shit ass ghetto McDonalds? Everyone handles their own world view differently. The older I get the less I give a shit about what other people are doing in their lives, and the bar was already pretty low to begin with.

Comment

I would threatened to turn them in unless they made me a Chipotle snack wrap with weed sprinkled in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Ha
                  Meant to say in front of my kids!
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    I would have ran up, snatched the week out of thier hands, cuffed them and called for an on duty officer to transport them to jail....

Really, I would have just driven off and found somewhere that had actual food.
                    you should have just flashed your badge and watched them shit themselves.....and recorded it so u could youtube it

Comment

I think you have misused the "in a vacuum" reference. Our society has so many influences that it is impossible for it to "exist in a vacuum".

I will agree that there are so many laws that it is for the most part impossible to not break one on a daily basis.

If you think drugs are a victimless crime, then you may need to look it over again. Where were the drugs produced? Was it under oppressive labor? Did someone get forced to mule it into our country? One has NO idea what it took to grow, harvest, transport, distribute, etc. There is only a very small list of "victimless crimes" that I can think of (one being rolling a stop sign at 4am with NOBODY around). Even identity theft where the actual victim is a CC company it is not truly "victimless", the company suffers a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                        do you carry handcuffs off duty?
                        Actually, yes.

These are very small and portable.

Comment

Then keep it to yourself? I wouldn't want my kids smelling or being subjected to the shit.

How about use it as an opportunity to teach your kids something, instead of whining about it? Kids can't be sheltered forever. I take every opportunity I can go teach my kids something, rather than shelter them from the real world.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'm sure McDonalds' Corporate Office will agree with me on this one...
                            prolly the last folks on earth i would want to "be on my side" on any given issue.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

So drugs are produced like all the shit we import from China that is perfectly legal and acceptable? Good to know.

Comment

So drugs are produced like all the shit we import from China that is perfectly legal and acceptable? Good to know.
                                Yes. Marijuana = heroin, it's all slave labor, and smuggled in balloons in some sex slave's asshole.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X