No announcement yet.

School me on the 2.3L turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a nice looking bird. I think the one that I got has a fairly rare color combo, it's black with tan interior.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      That was a nice looking bird. I think the one that I got has a fairly rare color combo, it's black with tan interior.
      well post pics already.
      I've had an84 capri RS turbo
      two 86 SVO's
      two Turbocoupes, an 87 and an 88.
      and a turbo ranger.
      I currently have the Ranger and a pair of spare motors.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
        That was a nice looking bird.
        right before I parted it out and before I scrapped it, I gutted it and took it to the track. almost got into the eights but blue a boost tube coupler and put it back on the trailer. It never drove again.

Comment

I want one with a 2jz swap for some reason.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            I want one with a 2jz swap for some reason.
            That OK, I want one with a dohc 4.6 swap.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I forgot how good that looked on the rodlites!

My junker, previously 4bangen's and god knows who else... as always, a work in progress...

Comment

I had one the same color a few years ago. Might have been mine, too.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

the bird on the rodlites does look killer. for some reason, the turbo 2.3's have been catching my eye lately.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 76 Maverick View Post
                    I forgot how good that looked on the rodlites!

My junker, previously 4bangen's and god knows who else... as always, a work in progress...

I can tell you who else . Lol
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      the bird on the rodlites does look killer. for some reason, the turbo 2.3's have been catching my eye lately.

god bless.

Have you been experiencing a heightened sense of self loathing, with an apparent need to punish yourself? We're here for you, Paul.

Comment

Please tell me you got rid of the POS IHI and slapped a T3 on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          Please tell me you got rid of the POS IHI and slapped a T3 on it.
                          which one? my 88 tc had a t-3 er um several actually. and 73mavricks has came with a t-3, but has a not original rebuilt T-3 on it (that is worth more than $50)
                          As for the OP...
                          I don't know I've got an extra T-3 and a FMIC that will fit the shit out of his car. If he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            which one? my 88 tc had a t-3 er um several actually. and 73mavricks has came with a t-3, but has a not original rebuilt T-3 on it (that is worth more than $50)
                            As for the OP...
                            I don't know I've got an extra T-3 and a FMIC that will fit the shit out of his car. If he wants it.
                            Ya, I was asking the OP. I figured you did by hearing the stuff you were doing.

Is that front mount from a Starion? Those are awesome JY finds!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Ya, I was asking the OP. I figured you did by hearing the stuff you were doing.

Is that front mount from a Starion? Those are awesome JY finds!
                              it's actually a Ford Motorsport FMIC for 83-86 turbo coupes. I added a better recalculation valve to it when it was on my bird. worked good.

I wanted to swap my IHI for a t-3 on my TC but my ex-wife declared I couldn't replace my turbo unless it was broken...
                              FYI an 88 thunderbird TC IHI will make exactly 3 passes down the 1/8th mile in one night at 18+psi before shelling it self and smoking like a brodozer. I got my T-3 and she couldn't say shit lol.

Comment

I made the stock IC fit with the T3 on my 88, but it was a bitch! I ran it open downpipe around the track at TMS. That was a blast!

I hope to have the same kind of fun with this ST. We ran a Civic on I 20 today (one time with an one time without is bottle).

Here's to slow fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X